Calgary, Alberta, Canada (PRWEB) February 03, 2014
desktopsites, Inc., a leading developer of innovative and cost effective application and virtual desktop delivery solutions for small and mid-size businesses (‘SMBs’), announced today that its flagship patented product, Konect Elite v8.6.2, provides full support for Microsoft Corp.’s Windows Server 2012 R2 with Hyper-V. The era of mobility and BYOD is enabling small and mid-size businesses to move from PC-centric IT to data-centric and even cloud-centric IT, where business data is centrally stored, managed, and secured. In this era, small and mid-size businesses need an agile, scalable, and cost effective desktop virtualization infrastructure, whether on-premises or off-site, to help them achieve this transformation with measurable ROI.
“Why pay for cost-prohibitive and learning-intensive desktop virtualization solutions if you don’t need to? Microsoft’s Windows Server 2012 R2 with Hyper-V hypervisor is rapidly gaining ground in the SMB market as a powerful virtualization platform,” says Alex Bethlehem, CEO for desktopsites. “In addition to its growing reputation, Hyper-V is included with Windows Server and Konect Elite; the combined offering provides an agile, scalable, and cost effective desktop virtualization solution that SMBs can easily implement and maintain.”
“Windows Server 2012 R2 with Hyper-V provides businesses and service providers a scalable, dynamic, and multitenant-aware platform for cloud-optimized infrastructure,” says Chris Van Wesep, Group Product Marketing Manager, Server and Tools, Microsoft. “We are pleased that desktopsites is providing a desktop virtualization solution that builds on this functionality for customers in small and mid-size organizations.”
Now available via Konect Elite v8.6.2, among the features supported include:
- Windows Server 2012 R2 with Hyper-V 3.0 and Windows 8.1;
- The installation of the Konect Elite software on Windows Server 2012 R2 and the Konect Elite client on Windows 8.1.
Building on the core capabilities provided by Windows Server 2012 R2 with Hyper-V, key highlights of Konect Elite include:
- A single-pane manager that is tightly integrated into Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V.
- A Virtual Machine Center for ease of management for Virtual Machines and storage using the Konect VM Library.
- Auto provisioning capabilities for fast and easy deployment of Windows Server 2012 R2 servers (auto configuration of roles and features).
- Advanced security integration using Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Auto provisioning of Virtual Desktop template creation, as well as new VM template creation.
- Ease of publishing VDI personal and pooled VDI and Server RDS desktops.
To learn more about Konect Elite VDI / RDS Solutions, and to begin your free 30-day trial, visit http://www.desktopsites.com.
- Product Brief (pdf)
- Feature Primer (pdf)
- Workstyles (pdf)
desktopsites is a leading developer of innovative and cost effective Windows client and desktop virtualization software solutions for small and mid-size businesses. desktopsites is a privately held Canadian Corporation with head offices in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
At desktopsites, our mission is clear:
"To become the premier developer and innovator of turnkey client and desktop virtualization solutions that enable small and mid-size businesses to excel."
This mission is about more than technological innovation. This is about recognizing the demands of today's economy and delivering solutions to address the daily challenges that SMB’s face.