Vitamin-D Pro is an easy to use, highly informative medical app that can make you feel better and potentially save your life.
Tampa, Fla. (PRWEB) February 04, 2014
Haneke Design, a leading mobile applications developer, today announced the debut of the Vitamin-D Pro mobile application built for Norman Parathyroid Center. By analyzing the results of a patient’s vitamin D-25 level, blood calcium, and parathyroid hormone (PTH) tests as well as bone density scans, Vitamin-D Pro offers patients and their doctors a better understanding of the root causes of the deficiency. Doctors can use this information to make more accurate diagnoses, and patients can better understand the dietary and behavioral changes they’ll need to make along with following their physician’s prescribed therapy to rebalance their levels of vitamin D and calcium.
“We were really excited to be working with Dr. Norman and his team on another powerful mobile app that helps people take charge of and better manage their health,” said Jody Haneke, president of Haneke Design. “Vitamin-D Pro offers analysis and tracking tools, a learning library with easy to read articles written by medical experts, suggestions for what to do given your personal results, and links to resources and products for low vitamin D that can be incredibly beneficial to both patients and their health care providers.”
Vitamin D plays a huge role in our overall health, yet nearly 70% of Americans have low levels of the vitamin, which can lead to many other health issues. Low vitamin D is the number one diagnosed medical condition for the past five years. Many health issues—even many cancers—can be attributed to chronically low vitamin D levels.
“Although most people have low vitamin D because of lack of sun exposure, some people have other medical problems that caused the low vitamin D and thus the treatment would be very different,” said James (Jim) Norman, MD, FACS, FACE, head of the Norman Parathyroid Center at Tampa General Hospital and a world renowned expert on calcium metabolism, vitamin D, and hyperparathyroidism. “Therefore, it’s important to learn WHY you have low vitamin D levels before you simply head over to the drug store and start taking supplements you purchased off the shelf.”
The Vitamin-D Pro mobile application:
- Analyzes and graphs current vitamin D levels
- Graphs all vitamin D levels over time to see trends
- Calculates your overall vitamin D health
- Analyzes your overall calcium health
- Analyzes and graphs vitamin D vs. calcium
- Analyzes and graphs calcium vs. parathyroid hormone
- Analyzes your parathyroid gland function
- Calculates and graphs chance of primary hyperparathyroidism
- Calculates and graphs chance of secondary hyperparathyroidism
- Calculates and graphs chance of pure vitamin D deficiency
- Analyzes and graphs bone density and osteoporosis
- Graphs bone density (osteoporosis) over time to see trends
- Teaches you how to interpret your data and graphs
- Gives personalized suggestions for next steps
- Suggests what new blood tests may be necessary
- Gives topics to discuss with your doctor
- Suggests vitamin D products personalized to your data
- Provides a link to the Amazon store for vitamin D products just for you
- Offers a Learning Center with dozens of excellent articles
- Was created by doctors who are experts on vitamin D and calcium.
The Vitamin D-Pro app costs $1.99 per download and is available for iPhone and iPad users as well as all Android devices.
“Our team of experts designed this app because most doctors diagnose vitamin D problems incorrectly,” Dr. Norman continued. “Often patients are put on vitamin D without ever being tested for other problems that may be present and life threatening. Vitamin-D Pro is an easy to use, highly informative medical app that can make you feel better and potentially save your life.”
About Norman Parathyroid Center
Located in Tampa, Florida, The Norman Parathyroid Center is the world’s leading facility for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the parathyroid glands and hyperparathyroidism. Parathyroid.com is recognized as the leading authority on hyperparathyroidism, an illness caused by parathyroid tumors located in the neck which affect one in 100 people, causing high blood calcium, low vitamin D, osteoporosis, chronic fatigue, depression, and kidney stones, among other conditions.
About Haneke Design
Haneke Design is an interactive design and development firm focused on delivering user-centered solutions for desktop, mobile and tablet devices. Haneke Design works with some of the world's leading brands and advertising agencies to deliver multi-platform, cross-device campaigns. Additionally, Haneke Design helps SMB and enterprise customers mobilize their web applications and web services. These solutions integrate seamlessly, are easy to use and deliver bottom line results.
For more information, visit http://www.hanekedesign.com.