Anchorage, Alaska (PRWEB) February 03, 2014
Geospatial World highlighted Summit Evolution™, a product of DAT/EM Systems International®, in the January 2014 edition, naming it a “technology for tomorrow” (p.20). Summit Evolution is a digital workstation for extracting 3D information from stereo data and viewing projects in 3D stereo. The product, which has been available for several years, continues to gain market share with new clients worldwide. DAT/EM Systems International builds upon the successful design of Summit Evolution in response to user input and demand, industry trends and technology developments.
Recently, Summit Evolution has evolved to include:
- A mobile version to enable viewing 3D stereo in the field.
- A true 64-bit application for speed, efficiency, and to eliminate file-size limitations.
- Complete and fast connectivity to a selection of full-function companion vector editors including AutoCAD™, ArcGIS™ and MicroStation™ through the proprietary and unique Capture™ interface, plus built-in DAT/EM drawing tools, and others to be announced soon.
- Support for an increasing variety of image formats, such as BigTiff and JPEG2000, a larger selection of supported photogrammetric project files, and additional data types such as LiDAR, terrain, satellite, wide-format and panoramic cameras, and more.
Summit will continue to evolve. Trends DAT/EM watches closely include:
- UAS (Unmanned Aerial System) applications, which will require significant automation
and user interaction.
- 3D digitizing and exploitation in GIS applications, especially government and resource management. Small jurisdictions which own but do not exploit current and historical aerial imagery are particularly suitable. Also miners, foresters, and environmental scientists.
- LiDAR, especially when melded with stereo imagery.
About DAT/EM Systems International. DAT/EM Systems International, located in Anchorage, Alaska, USA, has been developing photogrammetric software since 1987. DAT/EM specializes in 3D stereo viewing and feature data collection software. Its products include the Summit Evolution digital stereoplotter and proprietary Capture interfaces that allow Summit Evolution to digitize directly into MicroStation, AutoCAD, or ArcGIS. For more information, please visit DAT/EM’s website at http://www.datem.com or sales(at)datem(dot)com.