John Scott Insurance would like to remind local residents and businesses of these safety tips, in order to hopefully avoid any dangerous situations or accidents. The agency has also released tips to help homeowners prepare for a winter storm.
Dowagiac, MI (PRWEB) February 03, 2014
According to MLive, Michigan has more snow cover than any other state in the country this winter. The region with the most snow, along the shoreline of Lake Superior, currently has about 40 inches of solid compacted snow covering the ground. With a few months remaining in winter and extremely low temperatures forecasted, local insurance agency The John Scott and Dale Rifenberg Insurance Agencies hope to help protect residents and businesses across the state with these tips on staying safe during this record-breaking winter.
- Individuals should stay indoors as much as possible. Business owners should postpone any outdoor work until safer weather conditions return, in order to keep all workers safe.
- Be aware of the signs of frostbite, and look out for them whenever spending time outdoors during freezing temperatures. The main signs of frostbite include: a white or pale appearance of the skin and a loss of feeling in extremities. Individuals should seek medical attention as soon as possible if these symptoms are noticed.
- Only travel when it is absolutely necessary. Individuals who need to drive or travel should always alert someone of the destination, expected route, and estimated time of arrival in case of emergency.
- Watch for the signs of hypothermia and seek medical help immediately if symptoms are present. Common symptoms of hypothermia include: uncontrollable shivering, slurred speech, memory loss, drowsiness, and disorientation.
- Heart attacks are more common in the winter due to overexertion in the cold temperatures. Avoid shoveling or other energy exerting activities until the storm has passed, or take frequent breaks while performing those activities.
John Scott Insurance would like to remind local residents and businesses of these safety tips, in order to hopefully avoid any dangerous situations or accidents. The agency has also released tips to help homeowners prepare for a winter storm. Individuals or business owners who are interested in learning more about protecting their property through a customized insurance policy are encouraged to contact the agency at 800-810-2123, or visit the website for a free quote.
About The John Scott and Dale Rifenberg Insurance Agencies :
John Scott Insurance Agency was established in 1960 as a small family agency, and has been growing ever since. In August, 2013 the agency acquired Dale Rifenberg Insurance, another family-run business. Now under the names John Scott and Dale Rifenberg Insurance Agencies, the team has been successfully developing long-term relationships with many reputable insurance carriers, in order to customize insurance solutions for their customers at competitive prices. The agents of the John Scott and Dale Rifenberg Insurance Agencies are truly passionate about what they do, and are completely committed to fulfilling the insurance needs of each and every customer. Working with businesses and residents across Michigan, the John Scott and Dale Rifenberg Insurance Agencies have the experience and hands-on attention that customers are looking for.