Knoxville, Tennessee (PRWEB) February 04, 2014
There is one constant theme in healthcare: change and uncertainty are the new normal, a new white paper from PYA says. Strategies and tactics that worked brilliantly in the past are failing, and obsolete compensation and governance structures are standing in the way of implementing badly needed reforms.
The white paper, Healthcare 2014: Embracing the New Normal, identifies and defines five fundamentals driving the transformation of our healthcare payment and delivery system:
1. The industry is learning to purchase value, not volume.
2. Providers and payers are struggling to find common solutions to universal challenges because healthcare continues to be a local and regional commodity.
3. Stakeholders are searching for their purpose and relevancy in a patient-centered healthcare continuum.
4. Consumerism is emerging as a driving force in healthcare.
5. Change is accelerating due to knowledge derived from disparate and dynamic data.
Navigating this new healthcare environment requires that physicians and executives have a ‘foot in two canoes,’ the white paper says. “They may get a little wet or suffer a bruise or two, but they will successfully make the transition – and ride bravely to a new and stronger healthcare system.”
For more information about navigating the “new normal,” contact Martie Ross, David McMillan, or Kent Bottles, MD, at PYA, (800) 270-9629.
About PYA: Pershing Yoakley & Associates is ranked by Modern Healthcare as the nation’s 10th largest privately held healthcare consulting firm. From offices in Atlanta, Kansas City, Knoxville, Nashville, and Tampa Bay, PYA serves clients in 48 states and the Virgin Islands. The Firm and its affiliate companies - Realty Trust Group, PYA Waltman Capital, Healthcare Horizons Consulting Group, and PYA Analytics - have more than 270 employees.