London, UK (PRWEB UK) 4 February 2014
Two-day event to take place 12th - 13th May 2014 in London featuring leading pharma and biotech experts.The event will aim to help companies understand how to leverage Big Data by exploiting its potential to create better medicine and generate new revenue streams.
Speakers on board and subjects to be covered include:
- Big Data Analytics – enabling insights from the whole patient population to a sample - Dr Athula herath, Statistical Director, R&D Statistics, Medimmune
- Leveraging big data to study comparative effectiveness research (CER): a case study of multiple sclerosis - Niklas bergvall, Senior Director, Global HE&OR Neuroscience, Novartis Pharma
- Observational research and HEOR in the big data arena - Stephanie manson, Director Global Health Outcomes, GlaxosmithKline
- Integrating data to guarantee consistency and reliability in R&D - Jan hauß, Head of R&D, Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), Merck KGaA
- Delivering a definitive social media strategy and culture - Xavier olba, Digital Business Strategy, Sanofi
- How nurturing small pilots that deliver business value can lead to big business change - Nick Brown, Innovation & Technology Architect, Chief Technology Office, AstraZeneca
Two half-day workshops will also tackle:
- Legal and Practical Aspects of Cloud Computing – delivered by Merck KGaA
- Designing and commissioning studies using big data to support drug development and marketing –delivered by Evidera and ABPI
Full event information can be found at http://www.pharmabigdata.co.uk or early-bird places can be booked via Husaina Durrant: +44(0) 20 7827 6070.
Notes to editor
Sponsorship opportunities are available for this event, please contact Alia Malick on +44(0) 20 7827 6168.
About SMi Group
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries.
We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. We hold events in over 30 major cities throughout the world including London, Paris and Singapore and to date have welcomed over 200,000 participants from 80 countries.
More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk