Washington, DC (PRWEB) February 03, 2014
Marilyn Tavenner, Mark McClellan, and Leah Binder are just a few of the healthcare luminaries discussing the importance of healthcare quality information at the upcoming The National Quality Forum (NQF) 2014 Annual Conference. The event - “Making Sense of Quality Data for Patients, Providers, and Payers,” will take place on February 13-14, 2014, at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park hotel in Washington, DC.
Panelists and other speakers will address the importance of quality measures for improving our healthcare systems, ways to make healthcare quality information more meaningful to patients and consumers, and how to empower patients and consumers to use information to make better decisions about their care.
Program highlights include a joint keynote address from Senator Tom Daschle and Governor Michael O. Leavitt focusing on quality in healthcare and an update from Dr. Christine Cassel reflecting on the state of NQF and her first year as NQF President and CEO. Two panel discussions will seek answers to the questions “what information do patients want and need?” and “how can government quality data be useful to patients?” Additional speakers include:
- Margaret Anderson, Executive Director of FasterCures
- Leah Binder, President & CEO of The Leapfrog Group
- David Blumenthal, MD, MPP, President of The Commonwealth Fund
- Christine K. Cassel, MD, President and CEO of the National Quality Forum
- Avery Comarow, Health Rankings Editor of U.S. News & World Report
- Carol Cronin, Executive Director of the Informed Patient Institute (IPI)
- Tom Daschle, Former Senate Majority Leader
- “e-Patient” Dave deBronkart, Patient Advocate
- Susannah Fox, Associate Director, Digital Strategy at the Pew Research Center
- James Guest, President and Chief Executive Officer of Consumer Reports
- Robert Huckman, the Albert J. Weatherhead III Professor of Business Administration at Harvard Business School and the faculty co-chair of the HBS Healthcare Initiative
- Mark A. Kelley, MD, Advanced Leadership Fellow, Harvard University and Former Executive Vice President and CMO, Henry Ford Health System
- Michael Leavitt, former Governor of Utah and Secretary of Health and Human Services
- Sherri Loeb, Healthcare Professional and Patient Advocate
- Mark McClellan, MD, PhD, Senior Fellow and Director of the Initiative on Value and Innovation in Health Care at the Brookings Institution
- David Nash, Founding Dean of the Jefferson School of Population Health
- Marilyn Tavenner, Administrator for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
In addition, winners of the 2013 John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Award (http://bit.ly/1g4FKIc) will be recognized during an awards luncheon on February 13.
The NQF Annual Conference brings together healthcare professionals, quality experts, and member organization executives and staff from across the United States, all of whom are dedicated to using measures to drive quality improvement across the nation. A detailed agenda and additional information about the event, including registration, is available online (http://bit.ly/1eDRP1N) and at http://www.qualityforum.org.