"These questions are designed to give anyone quick insight into whether or not they may be in an enmeshed narcissistic relationship."
Austin, TX (PRWEB) February 06, 2014
Are you in a relationship with a narcissist? Do you know how to identify a narcissist in your life? Melissa Schenker, author of “Sweet Relief from the Everyday Narcissist”, and work/life strategist offers five simple questions to ask and help you identify whether or not your Valentine might be a narcissist.
If you’re ready to make changes in your life and reclaim your vitality then these questions are for you. If you are frustrated, disappointed and exhausted in your relationship, you may be trying to have a satisfying personal experience with a narcissist. You may be tempted to turn all that anger on the person you believe has failed you.
Be your own best Valentine this year and ask these questions to help understand your own relationship and if you’re in one with a narcissist.
“These questions are designed to give anyone quick insight into whether or not they may be in an enmeshed narcissistic relationship,” states Schenker.
1. Does your mate usually give you a gift they really want for themselves?
2. Does your Valentine think it’s hard to figure out what to do for you on Valentine’s Day and resent you for it?
3. Are Valentine’s plans made to be convenient for your mate but awkward for you? Do you find yourself regularly accommodating your mate’s needs without that consideration being reciprocated?
4. Does it feel like Valentine’s Day is about looking right and doing what’s expected without expressing actual care?
5. Do you feel like your appreciation rolls off your mate like water off a duck’s back? Like no matter how much love you give, it’s somehow never enough?
“After you answer these questions, one key insight to giving yourself relief is to understand that this person is not choosing to do this to you, but would do this with anyone,” says Schenker.
Schenker notes that ultimately this understanding helps lessen confusion and gives people more freedom in how they choose to interact as they go forward. Understanding the key elements of narcissism and how to take care of yourself will set you on the path to relief.
If you’re ready to reclaim your life then sign up for a free Siminars.com session on narcissists by Melissa Schenker – http://tinyurl.com/lnwadxh.
Melissa Schenker is the author of "Sweet Relief From The Everyday Narcissist" - http://www.amazon.com/Relief-Everyday-Narcissist-Melissa-Schenker/dp/1936909413/ , and a regular contributor to Huffington Post. Her site is http://www.sweetreliefworks.com.