London, UK (PRWEB) February 04, 2014
In 2013, the value of the world genomics market stood at around USD 11.11 billion. It is poised to exhibit positive growth, driven by technological advancements in the industry together with an increase in government funding, registering a 12% CAGR through 2018. The market is attracting more and more investments, which is mainly supported by the ongoing advancements in the existing technologies as well as rising market penetration via the expansion of genomics applications. Next generation sequencing (NGS) in molecular diagnostics and personalized medicine is regarded as a promising growth area for the overall genomics market. This novel technology offers an accurate and affordable screening solution for various generic mutations. Besides, the growing volume of new genetic tests for biomarker and personalized medicine discovery enables the stable growth of the market.
In 2013, QIAGEN, Life Technologies and Roche Diagnostics together held 47% of the total revenues generated by the worldwide genomics industry. Recently, there has been a trend towards consolidation in the market. Consumables make up the largest market sector by product, accounting for around 60% of the industry revenues in 2013, is predicted to see ongoing growth in the upcoming years.
In-demand research report “Genomics Market by Products - (Instruments (NGS platform, Microarray, RT-PCR), Consumables (Genechips, Reagents for DNA Extraction & Purification, Sequencing)), Services (Sequencing & Microarray Services, and Software) - Global Forecast to 2018” elaborated by MarketsandMarkets (M&M) has been recently published by Market Publishers Ltd.
Title: Genomics Market by Products - [Instruments (NGS platform, Microarray, RT-PCR), Consumables (Genechips, Reagents for DNA Extraction & Purification, Sequencing)], Services (Sequencing & Microarray Services, and Software) - Global Forecast to 2018
Published: January, 2014
Price: US$ 4,650.00
A holistic view at the current situation in the world genomics marketplace along with profound insights into the historical industry performance is provided in the in-demand study. The research report presents a comprehensive examination of the market dynamics with a close look at the main market drivers and restraints; uncovers the key market metrics, characterizes the prevailing trends, and also contains detailed market share and segmentation analyses. The topical study scrutinizes the structure of the competitive landscape and evaluates the competitive intensity, reviews the recent mergers and acquisitions in the world genomic markets over the past 10 years, profiles the top market players. The report offers a detailed assessment of the genomics market on the basis of technology, products, applications and geography; uncovers details on the efficient strategies adopted by the market participants and discusses the burning industry issues. Besides, a five-year forecast of the genomics market performance is available in the topical study.
- Profound insights into the global genomics market scenario.
- In-depth analysis of the market segmentation.
- Executive summary of the historical and present market performance, with the accurate information and figures provided.
- Extensive market share analysis.
- Insightful review of the key factors having impact on the market dynamics (drivers and restraints).
- Examination of the competitive structure and forces influencing the competitive intensity.
- Up-to-bottom genomics market assessment on the basis of product type, technology, application and geography.
- Snapshot of the recent mergers and acquisitions along with details on the main strategies adopted by the market players.
- Ample profiles of the dominant companies in the genomics sphere.
- Five-year future outlook for the global genomics sector with forecasts of the market size and revenues.
More in-demand research reports by the publisher can be found at MarketsandMarkets page.