Super Bowl Survey: "2nd Screeners 5X More Likely to View Advertiser’s Website" and Other Key Social Media & Tech Findings

QuestionPro Survey Reveals Super Bowl Viewers with Second Screen 5 Times More Likely to Visit Advertiser’s Website; Usage Drives Significantly Higher Advertising Engagement; and Much More

  • Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on LinkedInEmail a friend

Seattle, WA (PRWEB) February 04, 2014

QuestionPro, Inc, an online survey software provider, announced the results of its 2014 Super Bowl wrap-up survey. The company surveyed Americans about their technology and social media usage while they watched Super Bowl 48. The results showed that viewers who used a second screen were 5 times more likely to visit an advertiser’s website while watching the Big Game. The survey also revealed users were 3.6 times more likely to search online for a product that was being advertised.

For the infographic, please visit http://bit.ly/big-game-infographic.

Additional findings exposed:

  •     50% of total viewers surveyed used some sort of 2nd screen to supplement viewing – up 16% from the previous year (1)
  •     39% of viewers supplemented their viewing using a laptop, 32% with their smartphone and 15% used a tablet
  •     17% used secondary devices to follow the game on ESPN or other sports media, while 16% used their devices to check stats on teams and players
  •     52% of Super Bowl viewers used social media over the course of the game
  •     Facebook accounted for 33% of social media users, with 23% using Twitter and 19% Google+
  •     82% of viewers using social media contributed content, as opposed to the remaining 18% that only viewed
  •     64% of viewers either purchased or upgraded technology, with 32% upgrading to faster internet or cable and 14% purchasing a new TV
  •     21% of all viewers surveyed visited an advertiser’s website or App upon watching their ad. They were 5 times more likely to do so if they had a 2nd screen.
About QuestionPro: QuestionPro is a leading provider of online survey software and premium respondent sample services that allows for fast and professional research. It services over 2.7 million users across 100 countries, including Fortune 100 companies, academic institutions, small businesses and individual DIY researchers.

*Super Bowl® is a registered trademark of the National Football League.

Survey Methodology:
This survey was conducted online within the United States by QuestionPro, Inc. from February 2-3, 2014 among 300 adults aged 18+.
(1) http://mashable.com/2013/01/28/super-bowl-survey-second-screen-big-game/


Contact

  • James Wirth

    (800) 531-0228
    Email
  • James Wirth
    QuestionPro, Inc.

    Email
Follow us on: Contact's Facebook Contact's Twitter Contact's LinkedIn Contact's Google Plus

Attachments