NWBOC, the predominate certifier of woman-owned businesses, is proud to announce the launch of the NWBOC Eclipse Awards. -Janet Harris-Lange, Executive Director
Lake Park, FL (PRWEB) February 06, 2014
The National Women Business Owners Corporation (NWBOC), the predominate certifier of woman-owned businesses in the United States, is proud to announce the launch of the NWBOC Eclipse Awards, according to Janet Harris-Lange, Executive Director and founder of NWBOC. The national awards program was created to celebrate the exceptional achievements of women business owners and to commend those corporations and government entities that seek to exemplify the highest standards in their commitment to diversity, according to Harris-Lange.
The 2014 Eclipse Awards program will honor NWBOC certified businesses for excellence in seven categories including leadership, innovation, certification usage, business development, corporate culture, diversity, and mentoring. In addition, NWBOC Eclipse Awards will also be presented to corporations, government entities and their employees for excellence in supplier diversity best practices. Complete award details can be found at http://www.NWBOC.org. For other questions, contact NWBOC at (800) 675-5066.
The 2014 NWBOC Eclipse Award applications can be made from February 2, 2014 to March 28, 2014 online at http://www.NWBOC.org. Nominations for the corporate and government awards may also be made on the website.
Applicants with the highest scores become Eclipse Awards finalists and are notified by email on by April 5, 2014. All NWBOC Eclipse Awards will be presented in Gold, Silver and Bronze levels at the 2014 NWBOC Conference and Awards Gala, Decades of Excellence II, at the PGA National Resort and Spa in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. Conference dates are May 7-9, 2014.
Category titles for women business owners are:
- The Triumph Award (recognizing outstanding leadership, ingenuity, and perseverance)
- Excellence in Mentorship (recognizing a commitment to supporting other women business owners)
- Outstanding Company Culture (recognizing a culture that provides an ideal work environment)
- Outstanding Supplier Diversity Program (recognizing successful in-house supplier diversity utilization)
- Exceptional Certification Utilization (recognizing exceptional usage of WBE, WOSB, or EDWOSB certification)
- Excellence in Innovation (recognizing an innovative product or service taken to market)
- Intrepid Award (recognizing accomplishment by an emerging company)
Category titles for corporations and government entities are:
- The Kudos Award for Excellence in WBE Contracting – Corporate Employee (recognizing a corporate employee who has excelled in assisting a WBE contractor or vendor)
- The Kudos Award for Excellence in Supplier Diversity – Corporation (recognizing a corporation that has excelled in supplier diversity including a comprehensive diversity supplier program)
- The Kudos Award for Excellence in WBE Contracting – Governmental Employee (recognizing a corporate employee who has excelled in assisting a WBE contractor or vendor)
- The Kudos Award for Excellence in Supplier Diversity – Governmental (recognizing a governmental entity that has excelled in supplier diversity including a comprehensive diversity supplier program)
Founded in 1995, National Women Business Owners Corporation (NWBOC) leads the way as the nation's first national WBE certifiers. The goal of NWBOC is to increase competition for corporate and government contracts through implementation of a national certification program for women business owners. NWBOC is located at 1001 W. Jasmine Drive, #G, Lake Park, Florida 33403. The web address is http://www.NWBOC.org. For more information about NWBOC or the Eclipse Award Program, contact Janet Harris-Lange at (800) 675-5066.