The team hopes to spread awareness and empower health care consumers to be as educated as possible.
Carleton, MI (PRWEB) February 06, 2014
Schafer Agency, a local independent insurance agency in Michigan, is releasing important tips to help educate health care consumers in honor of National Wise Health Care Consumer Month. The agency believes that all individuals should be as educated as possible when it comes to medical products and health care.
- Individuals should completely understand their health insurance plans. This includes knowing exactly what they are and are not covered for, which doctors accept their plans, and other basic information. Consumers are encouraged to contact their insurance agent for answers to all of their health insurance questions, or to learn more about their coverage options.
- Take care when choosing a health care provider. Try to find as much information as possible about the doctor and practice. Asking for recommendations from friends or searching online for reviews are both great ways health care consumers can make better decisions about their physicians.
- Especially if individuals are seeing more than one doctor, it’s a good idea to keep lists of all medications being taken to prevent any complications caused by mixing different drugs.
- Patients are encouraged to ask questions about any medications that they are prescribed by a medical professional. It’s important to understand why these medications have been chosen, as well as any necessary directions and precautions.
- Be sure to schedule routine preventative medical exams and follow-up with any recommended tests or treatments. Postponing medical examinations can often lead to more serious health problems as well as larger medical costs.
- When problems arise, it is important for individuals to act as an advocate for themselves. The best way to do this is to have questions prepared ahead of time. Don’t hesitate to ask for a second opinion and always be sure to tell the truth to doctors and other medical professionals.
Schafer Agency is dedicated to serving the individuals, families, and businesses across Michigan. The team hopes to spread awareness and empower health care consumers to be as educated as possible. For more information on health insurance, other insurance options, or answers to any related questions, call Schafer Agency at 888-590-0075.
About Schafer Agency:
Established in 1926, Schafer Agency strives to provide peace of mind to individuals, families, and businesses throughout Michigan. The agents believe in creating long term business relationships with their customers through excellent customer service and customized insurance packages. From the agency’s three office locations, the team is constantly focused on fulfilling the various needs of their clients across the state. Interested individuals and companies are encouraged to visit Schafer Agency’s website to learn more about their insurance options.