Bohemia, NY (PRWEB) February 12, 2014
Bellucci Premium, a high quality Tuscan olive oil producer, responds to an article published by One Green Planet that lists 6 ‘people food’ items that will add flavor and extra health benefits to dog food.
In an article published by One Green Planet on February 3rd titled “6 Healthy People Foods to Jazz Up Your Dog’s Commercial Food,” 6 food items that can be added to dog food to improve taste and health are provided. The article suggests, “Add one, two, or more of the following foods (or other dog-approved foods) to your dog’s commercial dog food, wet or dry. Simply subtract 1/4 to 1/2 of the amount of dog food from the bowl and replace with jazz up foods, then mix together.” If your pet is not accustomed to any of these foods, the article recommends starting with smaller portions.
1. Carrots — Raw or lightly steamed, they help with eyesight and oral hygiene. They also add juiciness and crunch.
2. Sweet Potatoes — Sweet potatoes help with weight management and heart health.
3. Bananas — Bananas aid in muscle function and promoting healthy bowel movements.
4. Olive Oil & Coconut Oil — A small spoonful of these oils can help to keep a dog’s fur shiny and skin soft. Olive oil also helps dogs to digest commercial dog food.
5. Flax seeds — Ground flax seeds are great for a dog’s skin and coat. They are perfect if your dog needs more fiber.
6. Nutritional Yeast — Sprinkle nutritional yeast on dog food, but be sure that it contains vitamin B12.
Natalie Sexenian, the marketing manager for high quality organic olive oil producer Bellucci Premium, says, “If you have a dog in the family, adding these ingredients will help with various health problems and is great preventative measure against eye ailments and general health ailments. Olive oil in particular is an easy, great way to add health benefits to your pup’s diet. In addition to beauty and digestive benefits, olive oil contains antioxidants that can protect your dog against certain cancers.”
Bellucci offers three different types of oil, including an organic option, with a mild peppery flavor and fruity undertones that will satisfy any palate. Bellucci Premium Toscano extra virgin olive oil uses olives that are grown on the beautiful landscapes of Tuscany, and maintained by 3rd and 4th generation farmers. The third type of oil Bellucci produces is the finest 100% Italian extra virgin olive oil, grown in many different regions of Italy.