Perceptive Software’s technology offers a great capability for keeping exceptions manageable, standardizing the workload for all territories and converting diverse paper documents to electronic data that is visible and processed with efficiency.
SHAWNEE, Kan. (PRWEB) February 10, 2014
- Lexmark’s Perceptive Software announces that Doosan Infracore International (DII)—a subsidiary of Doosan Group, the world’s seventh largest supplier of construction machinery with 43,000 employees in 38 countries—will implement Perceptive Content and Perceptive Intelligent Capture, powered by Brainware, to automate document-based processes in the company’s Accounts Payable and Goods Receipt departments. This contract has a total value of $1.6 million for Perceptive Software.
- DII will implement Perceptive Intelligent Capture to automatically classify, and capture header and line-item data from, incoming paper documents, scanned images, email and faxes. Perceptive Content will enable the swift routing and accessing of this data to ensure efficiency and transparency throughout the accounts payable process. This project will supplement DII’s adoption of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) technology for the processing of high-volume vendor invoices.
- DII selected Perceptive Software based on the technology’s ability to seamlessly integrate with the company’s existing systems, including both Oracle and SAP applications, as well as the powerful Perceptive platform which will accommodate ever-increasing document volumes, supporting the centralization of processing and monitoring to a single global shared services center.
- Perceptive Intelligent Capture will extract complex transactional data in multiple languages, a capability that is critical to serving the Asia-Pacific market, while Perceptive Content provides a solution for approvals, exception handling and document management. By having a single, integrated AP solution from Perceptive, DII can reduce the cost of integrating and maintaining separate applications.
- Perceptive Intelligent Capture automatically matches incoming invoice data against order and shipping documents, fostering touchless invoice processing while empowering management to standardize exceptions handling and approval processes, as well as create productivity reports as needed.
“EDI provides a great deal of efficiency in reducing our paper volumes, but it will not work without a clean three-way match, and it’s simply not a feasible solution for our lower-volume vendors—which is to say, most of them,” said Jim Adkins, Director of Materials for Doosan. “Perceptive Software’s technology offers a great capability for keeping exceptions manageable, standardizing the workload for all territories and converting diverse paper documents to electronic data that is visible and processed with efficiency. We anticipate this project will remove a considerable amount of manual data entry from our routines, giving our staff more opportunities to pursue improvements for the shared services center.”
About Doosan Infracore International
Doosan Infracore International (DII) is a subsidiary of Doosan Group, a Forbes Global 2000 company based in Seoul, South Korea. Founded in 1896, Doosan is the oldest Korean-based company.
About Perceptive Software (http://www.perceptivesoftware.com)
Lexmark’s Perceptive Software (NYSE: LXK) builds intelligent capture, content management, process management, enterprise search and integration products that connect the unstructured printed and digital information across enterprises with the processes, applications and people who need it most.