These speakers are a significant part of what makes our conferences so valuable, and this year’s lineup has potential to be the best yet.
New York, NY (PRWEB) February 11, 2014
With its 2014 New York Consultants Conference concluding after hosting a capacity crowd of more than 900 attendees, Investment Management Consultants Association® (IMCA®) today announced the keynote speakers for its 2014 Annual Conference. The IMCA 2014 Annual Conference takes place at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston, May 4‒7.
In addition to the keynote presenters, workshops and breakout sessions feature professors from leading universities, such as Carnegie Mellon, Duke, and Harvard, as well executives from major financial firms, including Wells Fargo, UBS, J.P. Morgan Investment Management, and BlackRock. Conference keynote speakers are:
- Nate Silver, statistician and founder of the award-winning blog FiveThirtyEight.com. In a presentation based on his New York Times bestselling book, The Signal and The Noise: Why Most Predictions Fail—but Some Don’t, Mr. Silver will examine how data-based predictions underpin a growing sector of critical fields, from political polling and hurricane watches to the stock market and even the war on terror.
- Michael H. Sandel, PhD, Anne T. and Robert M. Bass Professor of Government at Harvard University and author of the New York Times bestselling book, Justice. Professor Sandel’s widely popular course has enrolled more than 15,000 students and was the first course that Harvard made freely available online. Professor Sandel will share his thoughts on ethics and the financial services industry with a focus on answering the question: What is the right thing to do?
- Alan S. Blinder, PhD, Gordon S. Rentschler Memorial Professor of Economics and Public Affairs at Princeton University. Professor Blinder will present on the state of the U.S. economy and financial markets and what can be done to restore confidence in both.
- Dambisa Moyo, PhD, international economist and author of New York Times bestsellers Dead Aid: Why Aid is Not Working and How There is a Better Way for Africa and How the West Was Lost: Fifty Years of Economic Folly and the Stark Choices Ahead. Dr. Moyo will examine the interplay between rapidly developing countries, international business, and the global economy while highlighting key opportunities for investment.
- Dan Heath, senior fellow at Duke University’s Center for the Advancement of Social Entrepreneurship and coauthor of the best-selling books Decisive: How to Make Better Choices in Life and Work, Switch, and Made to Stick. Mr. Heath will explain how to overcome biases and irrationalities in decision-making.
- Juan Carlos Zarate, senior advisor to the Center for Strategic and International Studies and former Deputy National Security Advisor for Combating Terrorism under President George W. Bush. Mr. Zarate will tell the story of how a small, dedicated group of officials redefined the Treasury Department’s role and used its unique powers to apply financial pressure against America’s enemies.
- Moshe A. Milevsky, PhD, associate professor of finance at the Schulich School of Business at York University, Toronto, and Executive Director of The IFID Centre. Professor Milevsky will explain the seven most important principles for building a sustainable retirement income.
“We pride ourselves on creating an in-depth educational program that is relevant to advanced investment and wealth management professionals,” said Brian Ullsperger, CIMA®, IMCA’s Annual Conference Committee Chair. “These speakers are a significant part of what makes our conferences so valuable, and this year’s lineup has potential to be the best yet.”
IMCA’s 2013 Annual Conference, held in Seattle, made an economic impact of nearly $4 million, according to the Washington State Convention Center. IMCA’s Advanced Investment Strategist Certificate in Portfolio Risk Management takes place alongside the Annual Conference in Boston. Space for the certificate program is limited to 100 attendees.
View the entire IMCA 2014 Annual Conference speaker lineup and all conference details at http://www.IMCAAnnualConference.org.
Established in 1985, IMCA is a nonprofit professional association and credentialing organization with more than 9,000 individual members. IMCA members collectively manage more than $1.9 trillion, providing investment consulting and wealth management services to individual and institutional clients. Since 1988, IMCA has offered the Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®) certification, which earned accreditation by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) in April 2011, making it the first financial services credential in the United States to meet international standards (ISO 17024) for personnel certification. IMCA’s Certified Private Wealth Advisor® (CPWA®) certification is suited for wealth management professionals working with high-net-worth clients. In 2013, IMCA conferences and workshops hosted more than 4,000 attendees. The IMCA 2014 Annual Conference is scheduled for May 4‒7 at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston. Visit http://www.IMCA.org for more information about the benefits of IMCA membership, conferences, and educational and sponsorship opportunities.
IMCA® and Investment Management Consultants Association® are registered trademarks of Investment Management Consultants Association Inc. CIMA®, Certified Investment Management Analyst®, CIMC®, CPWA®, and Certified Private Wealth Advisor® are registered certification marks of Investment Management Consultants Association Inc. Investment Management Consultants Association Inc. does not discriminate in educational opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.