PetFirst recognizes the hard work these rescue agencies put in to saving the lives of so many animals.
Jeffersonville, Ind. (PRWEB) February 11, 2014
PetFirst awards the Humane Society of Missouri the grand prize in a contest to educate pet adopters on the benefits of pet health insurance. More than $500 in gift cards were awarded to six different shelters across the US with the Humane Society of Missouri receiving $250 as the grand prize winner.
“PetFirst recognizes the hard work these rescue agencies put in to saving the lives of so many animals. The adoption process is a great opportunity to educate new pet parents on the importance of having pet insurance to protect their new family member,” said Chelsea Mull, senior account executive at PetFirst. “This contest rewarded shelters who empowered pet parents to make their pet’s health a commitment and protect them with an insurance policy from PetFirst.”
“We are very excited to be the recipient of the grand prize from PetFirst, and appreciate the benefit their pet insurance plans offer our adopters,” said Kathy Warnick, president of the Humane Society of Missouri, one of the oldest and largest animal welfare organizations in the United States. “The funds will help the Humane Society of Missouri purchase supplies needed each day in our mission to rescue, rehabilitate and find forever homes for abused and neglected animals.”
Other contest winners include:
- Dan Cosgrove Animal Shelter - located in Branford, Conn., this organization helps homeless animals along the Connecticut shoreline.
- Pooches and Purrs Cooperative - a licensed transport for pets being delivered to their forever home in Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut and New Hampshire.
- Adopt A Golden Birmingham - a volunteer group with a passion for helping Golden Retrievers located in Birmingham, Ala.
- Canine Guardians for Life, Inc. – a group that has rescued and placed over 650 dogs into loving homes in New Hampshire and surrounding areas.
- Animal Alliance of New Jersey - a nonprofit animal welfare agency which oversees a pet adoption program and operates a low cost spay/neuter clinic in Lambertville, NJ.
“Congratulations to all of our shelter winners,” said Mull. “PetFirst values the work being accomplished by each of these organizations to improve the lives of animals across the US.”
PetFirst is the fastest growing pet insurer in North America offering easy-to-understand lifelong coverage for dogs and cats. PetFirst’s comprehensive coverage is unique in the industry providing simplified policies with coverage for hereditary, chronic and breed-specific conditions with no per diagnosis limits. PetFirst offers pet insurance in all 50 states and the District of Columbia through animal welfare agencies, retailers, employers as well as other partners. PetFirst polices are underwritten by American Alternative Insurance Corporation (Munich Re) which is rated by A.M. Best as A+. Additional services are underwritten by Lloyd’s. For more information about PetFirst pet insurance, visit http://www.petfirst.com or call 877-894-7387.