San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) February 10, 2014
Ever dreamt of touring the Vatican without the crowds, stepping beyond the velvet ropes into secret rooms at Versailles, or enjoying the raucous revelry of Mardi Gras from a private balcony in New Orleans? Viator.com – the leading resource for researching and booking tours and activities worldwide – and its global team of insiders are making those travel dreams a reality. Thanks to long-standing and unrivaled partnerships with the best tour operators everywhere, Viator has a collection of travel experiences – many you can’t book anywhere else – that feature “typically-reserved-for-the-rich-and-famous” exclusive benefits like:
Unprecedented access to VIP, private and off-limits areas
- Early-morning and after-hours private tours of the most iconic attractions (no crowds)
- The ability to skip the lines
- Opportunities you didn’t even know were possible – like watching a baseball game with a Yankees legend or holding a precious panda cub
- World-class expert guides to lead the way
“Viator has been involved in the tours sector longer than anyone in online travel, and that most definitely brings a certain set of perks we deliver right to the traveler,” said Ms. Barrie Seidenberg, CEO and President of Viator. “Insider experiences like after-hours-access at an iconic attraction like the Vatican have historically been reserved for celebrities and heads of State. But our fantastic team has worked very hard with our partners to bring these exclusive opportunities well-within reach – both in terms of ease of booking and price – for all travelers.”
TOP VIPs and Exclusives
As travel has become much more of a considered purchase with travelers wanting to make every moment (and every dollar) count, the popularity of Viator’s VIP and Exclusives category has soared through sales on Viator.com and the Viator Tours & Activities App, and many count among the Viator tours most likely to sell out. The following listing is a collection of some of Viator’s most popular and most exclusive experiences for travel in 2014.
- Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Private Viewing and Small-Group Tour of the Vatican's Secret Rooms(a Viator exclusive) includes entry through a reserved entranceway, a rare private tour of the Sistine Chapel after its closed to the public (with guide commentary - normally forbidden!) and a visit to hidden corridors and secret rooms that are usually closed to the public like the Niccoline Chapel or the Bramante Staircase.
- Viator VIP: Palace of Versailles Small-Group Tour with Private Viewing of the Royal Quarters includes a private viewing of the palace’s Royal Quarters, priority entrance through a reserved door, access to off-limits private rooms like Louis XVI’s library, and first entry to the State Apartments and Hall of Mirrors.
- Viator VIP: Moulin Rouge Show with Exclusive VIP Seating and 3-Course Dinner delivers the ultimate night out in Paris with exclusive seating in a private balcony providing the best views in the house, along with skip-the-line entry, a fabulous 3-course Parisian dinner complete with Champagne and wine.
- Viator Exclusive: 'Game of Thrones' Private Tour of Malta and Viator Exclusive: 'Game of Thrones' Walking Tour of Dubrovnik offer unprecedented access to the landmarks and locations used in the filming of the popular HBO series complete with insider gossip from the set and expert commentary on the locations.
- Viator VIP: Grand Canyon Sunset Helicopter Tour with Dinner – enjoy a magical luxury helicopter flight over Lake Mead and Hoover Dam to the Grand Canyon West Rim, where guests land and enjoy a gourmet dinner complete with fine china, silver, Champagne and the amazing sunset.
- Viator Exclusive: Mardi Gras Parade Premium Viewing Stands provides revelers with access to private, elevated viewing stands (above all the huge crowds) along the routes of top parades from March 1 to 3, and the option to upgrade on Fat Tuesday with a gourmet buffet lunch.
- Viator VIP: Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty and 9/11 Memorial blends new and old NYC icons and includes first access to the Empire State Building’s 86th floor, skip-the-line entry to the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, and timed entry to the 9/11 Memorial at the World Trade Center.
Asia / Pacific
- Viator Exclusive: Volunteer at Panda Breeding Center with Optional Panda Holding – this is a roll-up-your sleeves, once-in-a-lifetime chance to see giant pandas up close as you help clean enclosures, prepare food and record panda behavior at the non-profit research and breeding facility. An upgrade adds a photo session (and a cuddle) with a baby panda.
- Viator VIP: Mt Fuji Private Tour Including Exclusive Visit with Monks at Sengen Shrine – travelers from Tokyo who book through Viator can ride the famous bullet train to Mt. Fuji where they have the opportunity to meet with a resident monk at the Shinto temple, who shares personal life stories and history of the temples and Buddhism.
- Viator Exclusive: Early Access to The Lord of the Rings Hobbiton Movie Set delivers fans of the films and interested travelers to the set via private mini-coach (arriving before the crowds), along with breakfast at the Green Dragon Inn and photo opps outside Bag End.
Travelers can find more information on Viator VIPs and Exclusives on the Viator Blog. And, for more travel ideas as well as the latest deals, promotions, contests and news, like Viator on Facebook (ViatorTours) and follow Viator on Twitter (ViatorTravel).
Viator is the leading global tours and activities provider for travelers, delivering online and mobile access to thousands of curated trip activities including tours, attractions, shore excursions and private guides, in more than 1,500 destinations worldwide. In-house travel experts work with trusted local operators to ensure the quality and value of every experience, all backed by Viator’s 24/7 customer service and global low-price guarantee. With more than 500,000 verified reviews plus exclusive videos and insider travel tips, Viator has everything a traveler needs to find and book the best things to do worldwide. In addition to the flagship site – Viator.com – travelers can book in advance or in-destination via the Viator Tours and Activities App, as well as local-language sites for European, Latin American and Asian travelers. Viator also provides tours and activities to more than 3,000 affiliate partners including some of the world’s top airlines, hotels and online travel agencies. Founded in 1995, Viator is a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator – travel with an insider.