Syracuse, New York (PRWEB) February 14, 2014
ProLiteracy, the largest adult literacy membership organization in the country, announced that its publishing division, New Readers Press, is now offering a new title: Pre-High School Equivalency (HSE) Workbooks. The product is designed to help students transition from Pre-HSE to HSE level work easily, while accelerating progress to HSE level work for tests including GED®, HiSET™ and TASC™.
The workbooks’ content is designed to effectively help students prepare for high school level exams, by presenting the skills needed to succeed and using clear examples. Students will be able to try out the skill with guided practice and activities that will help continue the learning process.
The workbooks introduce thinking skills through a variety of lessons focused on:
- Brainstorming, organizing, and writing an argument
- Argument analysis
- Character, plot, and conflict
- Exponents and roots
- Calculating area, perimeter, and circumference
- Coordinate plane
- Algebraic expressions and variables
- Multi-step equations
- Order of ideas
- Introductions and conclusions
- Experimental design and analysis
- Thinking like a scientist
“No matter what HSE test your students will advance to, our workbook post-tests cover all item types to determine HSE readiness,” says Sue Willey, director of sales and business operations.
The workbooks are user-friendly, and feature:
- Two-page lesson formats
- Basic skills reviews
- Cumulative reviews that model HSE test item types
- Introduction to HSE thinking skills
- Complete answers and explanations for all pre-test, practice, and post-test questions
To order workbooks or find out more information, visit the ProLiteracy (http://www.proliteracy.org) or New Readers Press (http://www.newreaderspress.com) websites, or contact Customer Service by phone at 800-448-8878 or email nrp(at)proliteracy(dot)org.