(PRWEB) February 17, 2014
Later this week, WPL Publishing will begin hosting a pair of 90-minute webinars to help construction contractors comply with requirements involving the Davis-Bacon Act, prevailing wage law, and certified payroll/prevailing wage reports.
First up is “Understanding the Davis-Bacon Act and Prevailing Wage Law on Government Contracts,” a webinar presented by Van Allyn Goodwin, senior shareholder of Littler Mendelson P.C., on Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014, at 1:00 p.m. (EST). The following Wednesday (Feb. 26), also beginning at 1:00 p.m. (EST), “Certified Payroll/Prevailing Wage Reports: A Practical Guide to Compliance” will take place, featuring Sunburst Software Solutions Inc. President and certified payroll expert Nancy Smyth. To register for either or both webinars, visit http://tinyurl.com/pra6qug.
The first webinar will provide attendees the information they need to understand the specific requirements of the Davis-Bacon Act, when it applies, and the process necessary to ensure compliance and avoid enforcement actions and potential penalties.
Among other things, the webinar will help attendees accomplish the following:
- Understand and apply the key aspects of the Davis-Bacon Act.
- Determine prevailing wage rates and how to satisfy them.
- See the key differences between Davis-Bacon and state prevailing wage laws.
- Recognize the potential consequences of Davis-Bacon Act noncompliance.
“Certified Payroll/Prevailing Wage Reports” focuses on Federal WH-347 reporting requirements, which then can be translated to state-specific prevailing wage mandates. The program will help attendees do the following, among other things:
- Understand how to comply with labor standards and payroll reporting requirements.
- Identify “electronic or online” certified payroll filing requirements.
- Know how to complete a Federal WH-347 Certified Payroll Report and Statement of Compliance and apply this knowledge to state-specific requirements.
- Evaluate methods for tracking employee time and work classifications.
- Identify typical errors that require correction and what happens when things go wrong.
At the end of each webinar, there will be an interactive 10-to-15 minute question-and-answer session addressing relevant topics.
Webinar tuition is based on location, not number of participants, so each registration site can have multiple participants for one low price. To register, visit http://tinyurl.com/pra6qug.
WPL Publishing Co., Inc. provides expert training, education, and development resources for the construction industry via live webinars and its ConstructionPro Network website (http://www.ConstructionProNet.com). Through ConstructionPro Network, WPL publishes the independent newsletter ConstructionPro Week, providing news, analysis, and insightful commentary about recent developments involving construction law, green buildings, building information modeling, and various construction managerial technologies and techniques.