It may not seem necessary, but a big part of what’s being tested is students’ abilities to follow instruction and show poise under pressure.
New York, NY (PRWEB) February 20, 2014
Kids in the city are taking a vacation this week, but they’ll be kicking into full gear when they return next week as their yearly test-prep begins. So one NYC tutors company (http://clubzmanhattan.com) is using the downtime as an opportunity to help its clients and students all over the city get mentally prepared for the task ahead.
New York City elementary-aged students will face standardized, state-issued exams in math, science, and English this April and May. For both educators and students the standardized tests have become a hot-button issue, and preparing for them will be a big chunk of the spring term. But one thing is certain: for students this spring, anxiety is going to run high.
“Standardized tests are a necessary element of today’s educational process, and the preparation for these exams is rigorous,” stated Michael Marin, Co-Founder of Club Z! Manhattan. “Using a private tutor to get ready is always going to benefit one’s performance. Additionally, students and parents should try to follow a few simple but proven tips.”
Five Tips for Testing Triumph
1. Get plenty of sleep the night before a big test AND drink lots of water the day-of. Both exhaustion and dehydration reduce brain activity and have detrimental effects on memory recall.
2. Read instructions carefully on the test. It may not seem necessary, but a big part of what’s being tested is students’ abilities to follow instruction and show poise under pressure.
3. On multiple choice exams, leave your first answer unless you are 100% certain that it is wrong. Trust that you have prepared and know the material. Which brings us to…
4. Do yourself a favor and start studying early. By giving yourself longer “lead time,” you will reduce anxiety around studying and retain the material better. Also, you will have time to review the material a second time as the exam date approaches, further crystallizing the material.
5. If you don’t know the answer to a question, use process of elimination to eliminate options that are definitely wrong and then make an educated best guess. If you still feel you can’t make a good guess, move on and come back to the question if you have time at the end.
Club Z! Manhattan provides qualified standardized testing tutors in all grade levels. You can set up a free consult by contacting (646) 429-9643.
Club Z! Manhattan (http://clubzmanhattan.com) is a leading provider of tutoring services serving Manhattan, NY and the surrounding Greater New York City Area. The company offers in-home educational instruction for academic subjects such as math, science, and english, test prep for the largest standardized tests including SAT, SAT II, and ACT, as well as adult tutoring, special needs tutoring, and more. Club Z! Manhattan pre-screens highly qualified individuals to serve as tutors and interacts directly with parents and schools to create the best possible outcomes for its students. To get started with your perfect tutor, call (646) 429-9643.