I liked that WordStream pulled out the top areas of my account that needed work and made suggestions on what to do to get better results.
Boston, MA (PRWEB) February 18, 2014
WordStream Inc., a provider of search engine marketing software and services, has announced the winner of its Grade and Get Paid contest, in which small businesses competed to see who could improve their Google AdWords account performance most in 30 days. The winner, GetOutfitted, takes the grand prize of $25,000 in free AdWords budget for 2014, plus a year-long subscription to WordStream’s industry-leading PPC Advisor software platform and email marketing tools from Constant Contact.
The Grade and Get Paid contest rules were as follows:
- WordStream invited marketers and businesses owners to use the AdWords Performance Grader twice – once to get an initial report on their AdWords account performance, and then again after 30 days to show how much they could improve their paid search results.
- Entrants were then asked to explain what they learned about their AdWords account.
- The business that was able to show the most improvement in 30 days won a prize package including a $25,000 AdWords budget, plus free use of PPC Advisor for a year.
The clear winner was GetOutfitted, a Colorado-based small business that rents ski and snowboard apparel and accessories directly to your doorstep. GetOutfitted was chosen as the winner due to the striking improvement in account performance between its two reports. The company went from an overall score of 15% (meaning 85% of similar advertisers were doing a better job) to an excellent 83%.
After using the AdWords Performance Grader to pinpoint problem areas in her account, Kristi Anderson, GetOutfitted’s VP of Marketing, got to work. After 30 days, her account metrics had vastly improved:
- Impression-weighted average Quality Score more than doubled
- Average CTR went from .26% to 6.32% (24 times higher)
- Account activity score climbed from 39% to 72%
Anderson was able to make these improvements to her AdWords account in only a month’s time because her performance report provided her with an actionable plan of attack. “The report refocused me,” Anderson said. “If I wanted to, I could spend my whole day in AdWords, playing around and trying different optimizations, but I have other things I need to be doing. And Google really doesn’t give you any tips or direction. I liked that WordStream pulled out the top areas of my account that needed work and made suggestions on what to do to get better results. I was able to refocus my efforts and take care of things in better order of importance.”
WordStream Inc. provides SEM software and services that help marketers get the maximum results from their PPC and SEO efforts. WordStream's easy-to-use software allows for more effective paid and organic search campaigns by providing the 20-Minute PPC Work Week, a customized workflow that guides marketers through steps that can greatly improve their AdWords campaigns. WordStream’s services deliver quality traffic, clicks and conversions for businesses looking to improve their pay-per-click marketing efforts. WordStream also offers an award-winning free PPC tool, the AdWords Performance Grader, which evaluates users' PPC accounts and provides valuable tips for improvement.
VP Acquisition & Experience Design