Fanatic, the ultimate sports fan app, provides everything a fan wants, including the ability to find the best place to watch your favorite team, to connect with fellow fans via GameChat, and to stay up to speed with the latest news via the GameFeed.
New York, NY (PRWEB) February 19, 2014
Fanatic, the social sports app that helps fans around the world find the best places to watch and share every big game experience with fellow team fans, has launched its new version on Google Play and in the App Store. New social features, live scores and private community GameChat have turned the app into the ultimate all-in-one social game day companion.
Featuring a brand new interface, the new version is designed to offer a more complete social game-watch experience by encompassing everything a fan needs in one sports app. Fanatic helps fans find the best venue, plan a watch party in any city, invite friends via social media, follow live scores and customized sports news feeds (including the most relevant tweets from team experts), and share the play-by-play action with like-minded fans and friends everywhere via GameChat.
“Our goal is to make Fanatic the ultimate sports fan application that provides everything a fan wants, including the ability to find the best place to watch your favorite team, to connect with fellow fans via GameChat, and to stay up to speed with the latest news via the GameFeed,” said Babak Poushanchi, CEO & Founder of Fanatic. “Fanatic now replaces the need to toggle through multiple apps searching for live scores, social features, chatting, and searching for the right bar to watch your team. We bring users fully vetted and relevant team news all within one app - starting with a game plan, and ending with post-game chat.”
Fanatic’s new features include:
- Live Scores - Fans never need to leave the app because it includes instant score updates for favorite teams.
- Private Community GameChat with Friends and Rivals - Chat live before, during, and after the game with GameChat. Fanatic also provides custom push notifications so fans can quickly respond to engaging comments.
- A More Robust and Filtered Feed - Get better news regarding favorite teams from the top beat writers and bloggers who cover them, without the irrelevant chatter.
- Find Favorite Team Bars in any City - Find top ranked team bars where fellow fans are watching in any city. Users can create watch parties and invite friends to join them at their favorite team bars or restaurant; Fanatic will manage and track the entire event organization process.
- Improved Search - A growing network of global Fanatics have added thousands of new venues with team affiliations in cities around the world allowing fans to see where their favorite bar ranks or search while traveling to find their team's fan-base in any city.
- World Cup Coverage - Fans can get set for 2014’s biggest event, and make plans to watch their team make a run at history - anywhere in the world.
Fanatic is available for Android devices on Google Play and for the iPhone in the App Store. The app provides information for fans of NFL, NBA, NCAA, MLB, NHL and MLS, along with the top European soccer leagues, including the English Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Serie A and the UEFA Champions League, and the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
For more information about Fanatic, please visit http://fanatic.co.
Fanatic is a New York City-based startup that has developed a highly engaging sports fan mobile application connecting millions of fans and venues all over the world. Fanatic enables sports fans to find fellow fans in their area, locate the best venues nearby (i.e. "#1 Ranked Arsenal bar in NYC" or “#1 University of Michigan bar in Chicago"), create and track game watch plans and be rewarded for their fandom. Fanatic is currently available for the iPhone and Android devices.