Winter Park, FL (PRWEB) February 19, 2014
Full Sail University is proud to welcome industry leaders, VIPs, and celebrity guests to participate in the 5th Annual Hall of Fame Week featuring the induction ceremony of the 2013 class of the Full Sail University Hall of Fame on February 21, 2014. The induction ceremony is the highlight of a series of campus-wide special events scheduled to take place from February 19-21, 2014.
Full Sail’s 5th Annual Hall of Fame Week is sponsored by Sony Electronics’ Professional Solutions of America, with supporting sponsors WWE, Adobe Systems, Inc., Avid, CDW-G, Cisco, Hewlett Packard Co., Murphy Lighting Systems, and Sennheiser. The week will feature guest lectures, panel discussions, and Q&A sessions for the university’s student body, with select educational lectures being made available to the public via online streaming.
For more information on this year’s six Hall of Fame inductees and a full listing of their credits, please visit: http://www.fullsail.edu/news/press-room/full-release/2013-11-13-full-sail-anounces-2013-hall-of-fame-class. In addition to 17 past Full Sail University Hall of Fame inductees, with credits that span the global entertainment industry http://www.fullsail.edu/grads/hall-of-fame/2013/overview, other guests scheduled to appear at the Full Sail University 5th Annual Hall of Fame Week include:
- Actor and television personality, John O’Hurley
- GRAMMY® award-winning singer-songwriter, Nelly Furtado
- Actor, comedian, director, and screenwriter, Rob Schneider
- Businessman, educator and speaker, Stedman Graham
- Anchor, ESPN SportsCenter, Kevin Negandhi
- GRAMMY® award-winning recording artist, New York Times best-selling author, Faith Evans
- Founding member of the GRAMMY®-nominated multi-platinum selling group 98 Degrees, Jeff Timmons
- Actor, Producer, Director, Special Effects Makeup Artist, Tom Savini
- Producer, composer, audio technician, multi-instrumentalist & singer-songwriter, BT
- DJ, Producer and Rapper best known for his work with the Beastie Boys, DJ Hurricane
- Vice President US Sales, Sony Electronics Inc., Professional Solutions of America, John Studdert
- Executive Vice President of Special Events at WWE, John Saboor
- Vice President – Programming and Development, OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, Endyia Kinney-Sterns
- GRAMMY® award-winning audio engineer and music producer, Bruce Swedien
- Visual Effects Supervisor on The Wolf of Wall Street, Hugo, and Titanic, Rob Legato
- Former NARAS President and Music Attorney, Al Schlesinger
- Head of Industry - Education, Google, Kevin Fried
- Director, Creative Technology at ESPN, David Saphirstein
- Film and Music Producer, Co-creator of the TONTO synthesizer, Robert Margouleff
- President/COO, Mid-Atlantic Sports Network & Executive VP, Baltimore Orioles, John Angelos
- Director - Post Production, Discovery Communications, Wayne Caffrey
- Campus Relations, Discovery Communications, Laura Mateus
- CEO, Steel Wool Entertainment & Former Senior VP of Touring, Live Nation, Kevin Morrow
- Talent Manager, 3 Arts Entertainment, Mark Schulman
- Sound Designer, Author, Sound Effects Producer, Blastwave FX, Ric Viers
- Producer/Director for shows Arrow, Drop Dead Diva, 90210, Private Practice, Weeds, and more, Bethany Rooney
- Senior Director of Media Services, Golf Channel, Don Browning
- Festival Producer, Vans Warped Tour/Rockstar Mayhem, Kevin Lyman
- Business Development Manager for Media and Entertainment, Adobe, Sebastian Distefano
- People Magazine Writer and New York Times best-selling author, Steve Helling
- Co-hosts of the nationally syndicated morning show The Daily Buzz, Charles Divins & Lisa Spooner
- Mojo Brands Media COO, Troy McGuire
- Editor, Orlando Sentinel, Avido Khahaifa
- Creative Director/Owner, Tandem Digital, Greg Russell
- CEO/Founder Marketing Nutz, Pam Moore
- Managing Partner, Indaba Media Capital, LLC, Robin Cowie
- Co-Founder/CEO of RocketHub, Brian Meece
- Vice President, General Manager, Hit Factory Miami, Trevor Fletcher
- Chief Workflow Architect, FCPWorks Los Angeles, Sam Mestman
In addition, this year’s Hall of Fame celebration will include a 3-day Music Festival sponsored by WWE®, featuring performances by: Beartoe, Beebs and Her Money Makers, Courrier, Good Graeff, Gringo Star, Have Gun Will Travel, Jeremy Ellis, Melodime, The Pauses, Ruth King, Skywire, Solillaquists of Sound, Thomas Wynn & The Believers, and many more. Admission to the music festival is free and open to the public, with doors opening at 12pm daily and performances held on the university’s Hollywood-style backlot from 3pm to 9pm. To view the music festival via live, online streaming, visit: http://halloffame.fullsail.edu/musicfestival/.
Information regarding events, music festival schedule, special guests, and sponsors can be found by visiting the mobile-optimized site http://halloffame.fullsail.edu. For a full list of events accessible via live, online streaming, please visit http://www.fullsailblog.com/livestream/. Follow @FullSail to join the #FullSailHOF conversation on Twitter.
About Full Sail University:
Full Sail University is an award-winning educational leader for those pursuing careers in the entertainment and media industry. Founded in 1979, Full Sail has been recognized as one of the Top Five Game Degree Programs by Electronic Gaming Monthly, one of the Best Music Programs by Rolling Stone Magazine, and one of the Best Film Programs by Unleashed Magazine. In 2011, Full Sail received the “21st Century Best Practices in Distance Learning Award” from the United States Distance Learning Association, was named the “School/College of the Year” by the Florida Association of Postsecondary Schools and Colleges, and was recognized as one of the Top 100 Social Media Colleges by Studentadvisor.com.
Full Sail offers on-campus and online Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degree programs in areas related to animation, art, business, education, graphic design, film, marketing, web development, music, recording arts, sports, and video games. Full Sail graduate credits include work on OSCAR®, Emmy®, GRAMMY®, ADDY®, MTV Video Music Award, and Spike Video Game Award nominated and winning projects.