Biopsy devices market is segmented by cancer indication and by the type of biopsy procedure performed.
California, United States (PRWEB) February 19, 2014
Reportstack has added a new report on Biopsy Devices - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts to their pharmaceutical market research offering. Cancer is the uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells in the body. It can affect numerous organs and tissues of the body. When a patient is suspected of having a particular type of cancer, a biopsy procedure is performed to extract a target tissue sample for histological analysis. This intervention typically provides a definitive cancer diagnosis for the patient. Given that these procedures play such an important role in the diagnostic pathway for various cancers, medical device manufacturers have worked to develop biopsy devices that maximize the volume and quality of the tissue samples, as well as decrease their negative impact on the patient’s body. As seen with other medical device markets, less invasive biopsy techniques have entered the market and have established a new gold standard in many global regions.
For this market analysis, the biopsy devices market is segmented by cancer indication and by the type of biopsy procedure performed. Beyond providing a general analysis and forecast for each device segment in different global regions from 2010–2019, this report offers a more granular approach by assessing the adoption patterns of the different biopsy procedure types for specific cancer indications in specific geographies. This segmentation provides better business intelligence, so that more effective actions can be taken.
While the biopsy devices market has matured quite significantly, there are still significant barriers to overcome and opportunities for growth. While the US has seen the rapid adoption of VAB devices in the diagnosis of breast cancer, this market segment will be subjected to immense pricing pressure during the forecast period covered in this report. Changes in the reimbursement rates for image-guided breast biopsy procedures will affect both the average selling prices (ASPs) of these devices and the adoption levels of alternative tissue-extraction devices and procedures, including CNBs and open surgical biopsies. Additionally, the emerging economies will provide opportunities for growth as access to healthcare improves, adoption of FNA decreases, and governments work towards implementing cancer screening programs. This report is intended to elaborate on these market opportunities and barriers to help current and future competitors navigate the market.
Questions Answered in this Report
- At the start of 2014, the reimbursement scheme for imaged-guided breast biopsy procedures performed in the US underwent significant changes in coding structure and cost levels. How will this affect the adoption of VAB and CNB devices in the country? To what extent will the ASPs of VAB devices be affected?
- The biopsy devices markets in the developing economies of the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region and Brazil have higher Compound Annual Growth Rates (CAGRs) than any other country included in this report. Which countries will have the highest CAGRs in the FNA market, the CNB market, and the VAB market?
- The major players in the VAB and CNB markets are drastically different. What is the global company share in the VAB and CNB markets? How will their market share shift through 2019?
- New technologies, such as liquid and optical biopsies, are being developed as less invasive techniques to obtain a cancer diagnosis. What is the likelihood that these technologies could replace the conventional biopsy devices? Which companies are the furthest along in the development of these technologies?
- The benefits of mass screening programs on prostate cancer mortality are controversial. What are the results of the major randomized clinical trials assessing a prostate cancer screening program’s effectiveness? How will this impact the institution of a mass prostate cancer screening program in the countries covered in this report?
To order this report, please visit http://www.reportstack.com/product/150581/biopsy-devices-global-analysis-and-market-forecasts.html.
An interactive Excel forecast model based on primary research interviews with KOLs, physicians, industry participants, and distributors is included with this report. This patient-based model provides diagnosis rates, patient segmentation, treatment rates, procedure volumes, average selling prices, and market values over a 10-year period (2010–2019). The forecast model is robust, fully-transparent, and easy to navigate. Moreover, our models support the data presented in the reports, and the complete methodology is outlined in the report and the model. The model offers several valuable perspectives on the biopsy devices market. It includes procedure volumes and market valuations for three types of biopsy devices in five cancer indications, including Breast cancer , Prostate cancer, Lung cancer, Liver cancer and Thyroid cancer.
Companies mentioned in this report are Argon Medical Devices, Boston Scientific, Cardinal Health, Carefusion Corporation, Cook Medical, C.R.Bard, Devicor Medical Products, DTR Medical, Gallini Medical Devices, Hologic, INRAD, Intact Medical Corporation and TSK Laboratory. The regions covered are US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Brazil, China, and India. Please visit Biopsy Devices Market report for more details and table of contents.
Related Reports from Reportstack:
PharmaPoint: Ulcerative Colitis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
PharmaPoint: Schizophrenia - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
PharmaPoint: Prophylactic Hepatitis B Virus Vaccines - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022