Austin, TX (PRWEB) February 20, 2014
Toopher, the invisible online security company, today formalized its Toopher Partner Alliance and announced the first 12 members. All of these partners either integrate Toopher’s invisible multifactor authentication into their technologies, or have offered it as an authentication solution for their own customers. Many partners will join Toopher at the annual RSA security conference in San Francisco at a Toopher Taco Breakfast next Wednesday morning, February 26. For more information on this RSA event, please contact rsa(at)toopher(dot)com.
“All companies in our program have demonstrated an enthusiastic desire to change the way their employees, customers and users experience strong security,” said Lance Kelly, director of Business Development at Toopher. “These partners believe in the mission of Toopher, which is to create the strongest, most elegant online security solution available using our patented technology.”
Toopher offers invisible, location-based multifactor authentication and authorization using your smartphone--ideal for protecting logins, online payments, and other sensitive online actions. Toopher pushes notifications to its users when a login attempt is made for a paired account. The notification includes who is logging in, what they’re attempting to log into and where they’re located. The user then has the option to ‘allow’ that login or to ‘deny’ it. If the login is ‘allowed,’ Toopher immediately grants access to the session. And in a leap for user experience in the security sphere, users can automate the authentication progress in safe locations, so they receive the same strong security without any of the hassle.
While some members of the program are integrating or reselling Toopher as a product value-add, such as Ping and LastPass, others like MailChimp are deploying Toopher to their users, enabling invisible authentication for their entire user base.
The launch of the Toopher Partner Alliance includes the following companies:
- 21CT provides network behavior analysis and data visualization to Toopher-enabled sites for enriched data intelligence and security.
- Gluu supports Toopher's strong authentication solution in the Gluu Server, an open source identity and access management suite that enables organizations to centralize authentication and access management.
- IBM has validated the Toopher authentication platform for integration with its IBM Security Access Manager for Web/Mobile solution. Toopher was an IBM SmartCamp finalist and Global Entrepreneur Awardee.
- Iovation’s device reputation and fraud prevention technology integrates Toopher as an option for its users.
- LastPass adds Toopher's multifactor authentication to its password and data management solutions for over 4 million users.
- MailChimp integrates Toopher with its AlterEgo product as an authentication option for users accessing their MailChimp account.
- miiCard (My Online Identity) offers Toopher as a mobile authentication option for members to protect their accounts.
- mSIGNIA app security SDK is designed specifically to protect mobile apps like Toopher and Toopher SDKs. Using predictive analytics on hardware, software and user data, mSIGNIA protects Toopher users from fraud, rogue apps and adds additional authentication factors (including user behavior) to enhance the Toopher security without destroying the user experience.
- Ping Identity works with Toopher to combine its identity and access management with invisible authentication, especially to proactively reduce fraud.
- SYNNEX Corporation is Toopher’s primary distributor, providing cutting edge solutions to partners in its network.
- Viivo is working with Toopher to bring another layer of security to personal and business files shared and stored in public clouds like Dropbox. Made by PKWARE, Viivo covers the encryption side of data, and authentication through Toopher makes sure only you have access to your identity.
- WordPress has a live Toopher plugin (toopher.com/wordpress) available to the over 72 million WordPress sites in the world.
Many of these brands, as well as end user customers will join Toopher at its first Taco Breakfast at the RSA conference next Wednesday morning, February 26, from 7:30 to 9 am, at 550 Third Street in San Francisco near the Moscone Center. The networking gathering will be a taste of Austin with breakfast tacos, Bloody Mary’s made with Austin-local Deep Eddy Vodka, fun Austin giveaways, and a nice lead up to SXSW which takes place just two weeks later.
Toopher will also be presenting at the prestigious AGC Summit just in advance of RSA, February 24. This is AGC’s 10th Annual Information Security Conference gathering leading public and private information security companies and 500+ attendees. This is Toopher’s second consecutive year being asked to participate as a private company presenter.
Press interested in attending the Toopher Taco Breakfast, or setting up a meeting with Toopher and any of its partners, and/or customers during RSA should contact Laura Beck at rsa(at)toopher(dot)com.
Toopher is an innovative authentication solution built around the behavior of end users that prevents the dangers of repetition poisoning. With alternative push-based authentication solutions, users are “trained” to absent-mindedly “allow” authentication requests, automatically clicking yes on auto-pilot due to the frequency of requests. This repetition poisoning makes most push-based authentication as dangerous as previous tokens. Toopher’s invisible authentication utilizes out-of-band push, but only alerts the user when something is out of the ordinary, thereby defeating repetition poisoning.
As members of the Toopher Partner Alliance, companies get full access to the patented invisible authentication technology and all updates, as well as help desk support. Toopher partners also get Certification Testing from Toopher, cobranded marketing tools and related visibility opportunities. Companies interested in joining the program and using the authentication technology may contact solutions(at)toopher(dot)com.
Toopher is an invisible, location-based multifactor authentication solution designed around user behavior and powered by your phone's location awareness. By marrying the strongest state-of-the-art, true out-of-band pervasive technology with decidedly lean and thoughtful user experience, Toopher automates the authentication process via your phone--not only preventing online fraud and identity theft, but creating a security solution that people actually want to use. No more passwords hacks, no more codes. It's simple, secure, and your phone stays in your pocket.
Founded in 2011 by a University of Texas PhD student and an adjunct professor, Toopher is funded by Alsop Louie and is a portfolio company of the Austin Technology Incubator. To learn more and try Toopher, visit http://toopher.com and follow us @toopher.
Toopher company, product and services names and slogans are trademarks or registered trademarks of Toopher. All other names and marks are the property of their respective owners.