"After wonderful donor support during our first week of our launch, we are pleased to send out our first round of micro-grants to support projects led by youth around the country."
Raleigh, NC (PRWEB) February 26, 2014
Start A Snowball is a new & novel non-profit that launched on February 10, 2014. Start A Snowball was founded to encourage children to engage in their own community service and philanthropy projects, and providing them funding through micro-grants.
Start A Snowball Co-Founder, Mac Winslow, said "After wonderful donor support during the first week after our launch, we are pleased to send out our first round of micro-grants to support projects led by youth around the country."
These grants will fund three (3) projects:
- A first grader in Florida who is helping children grieving with the loss of a loved one
- A high schooler in Arizona has started an ongoing anti-bullying project
- A Missouri-based teen and fellow students are creating emergency kits for senior citizens.
"These initial grants will make a great impact to the individuals and organizations receiving them, as well as on their chosen causes. They will also give Start A Snowball national visibility as we strive to build a culture of service among our youth," said Winslow.
Start A Snowball is a registered non-profit organization in the state of North Carolina, and has applied for 501(c)3 status. The Mission of Start A Snowball is the pursuit of the following principles:
- Service: If each one of us can help the world around us, the world would be a much better place.
- Possibility: One person can make an enormous difference through a seemingly small effort to help someone, which can cause long lasting and broad reaching ripples.
- Support: Through offering resources and community we can empower youth to make huge impacts.
- Growth: As we teach children about serving others we can create a movement that can influence a generation of givers.
Start A Snowball is now accepting donations and grant applications from those interested in funding children's philanthropy projects at http://www.startasnowball.org.