Hunt Valley, Maryland (PRWEB) February 25, 2014
Join Crawford Advisors, LLC for this educational webinar as industry expert speakers discuss PPACA fiduciary liability and litigation issues from emergent exposure sources. The cost for fiduciary liability insurance has historically been considered nominal, but PPACA had a dramatic impact in this area (ERISA Section 409). The new regulations are onerous and do not address connected exposures, which employers may face related to employee allegations of discrimination. These exposures can result in civil or criminal action against plan administrators. Join industry experts including Crawford Advisors Counsel, Patrick Haynes, as they discuss the following topics:
- Personal liability imposed on "fiduciaries" and "parties at interest"
- Misconception that ERISA applies only to pension, profit-sharing and 401(k) plans
- Allegations/litigation relating to "domestic partner" situations
- Internal Revenue Code 4975 Penalties
- Findings of plan errors can result in fines and potential civil or criminal action
- New legislation and "propensity for claims payment" perspective
Title: PPACA Expands Fiduciary Exposure Expert Panel Discusses Litigation Issues
Date: Thursday, February 27, 2014
Time: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EST
Reserve your Webinar seat at: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/965823720.
Additional benefits and compliance webinars are available at: http://www.crawfordwebinars.com/.
*Open to all benefits professionals, but not other brokers or agents.
Crawford Advisors is a full-service benefits consulting and brokerage firm. Crawford has invested heavily in technology and an expert team to bring sophisticated solutions and comprehensive services to help organizations manage and deliver the best value for health and welfare benefits. Crawford Advisors provides:
- Benefits Consulting and Brokerage
- Benefits Administration
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Communications
- Employee Health Improvement
Crawford Advisors, LLC, understands that employee health benefits are often large expenses with complex compliance requirements. Crawford Advisors is committed to providing the brightest consulting talent to help manage cost, improve the health and productivity of employees, and add profits to their clients' bottom line.