We also have fun, food-oriented themes and formats available for groups from 10 to 40. If you’re planning a business event or a celebration with family and friends, give us a call.
Glen Ellyn, IL (PRWEB) February 25, 2014
Marcel’s Culinary Experience (http://www.marcelsculinaryexperience.com), a gourmet retailer and cooking school in Glen Ellyn, Ill. (Chicago suburb), has announced its second quarter 2014 schedule with daytime and evening classes, demonstrations and other events for cooks of all ages and experience levels.
Responding to a recent customer survey, Marcel’s has added a hands-on Prep School series, beginning April 22, with each session focused on a single cooking technique. Students can sign up for one or more in the series, which will include sessions on knife skills, poaching and wok cooking, according to owner Jill Foucré.
Other highlights of the new schedule include:
- Classes featuring recipes for Easter, the Kentucky Derby, and Cinco de Mayo
- Seasonal classes on using farmers market produce and getting the most from a CSA
- Cocktail party-themed classes featuring Italian aperitifs, an “adult” lemonade stand, tequila tastings, and scotch and steak (back by popular demand)
- Workshops on pastry, preserving, pasta- and bread-making
- Master classes on balancing and layering flavors
- Continuation of Marcel’s Chef Mentor class series, with instructors Lynn Dugan and Kelly Sears sharing stories and dishes inspired by those who most influenced their culinary careers
- Kids cooking classes for all ages, including Easter treats, “mom and me” offerings on Mother’s Day weekend and multi-day camps in June.
Schedule permitting, Marcel’s makes its class space and adjacent dining area available for private classes and events. “We have a variety of fun, food-oriented themes and formats available for groups from 10 to 40. If you’re planning a business event or a celebration with family and friends, give us a call,” Foucré says.
For more information, including a complete schedule with registration details, visit http://www.marcelsculinaryexperience.com or call (630) 790-8500.
About Marcel’s Culinary Experience
Marcel’s Culinary Experience is a combination retail store and recreational cooking school located at 490 N. Main in historic downtown Glen Ellyn, Ill., about 20 miles west of downtown Chicago. Marcel’s operates a full schedule of culinary classes for cooks of all ages and skill levels, and is available for private events of up to 16 people. The retail space is stocked with fine cookware and hardworking professional tools, exquisite tablewares, specialty foods and one-of-a-kind items. Marcel’s owner is Jill Foucré, a former health insurance executive, who named the space after her grandfather, a French chef and restaurateur. For more information, visit http://www.marcelsculinaryexperience.com.