Irving, TEXAS (PRWEB) February 25, 2014
Miraca Life Sciences, the nation’s largest independent anatomical pathology laboratory, today announced that it will have a significant presence at the 2014 United States and Canada Academy of Pathology (USCAP) meeting in San Diego, CA the first week of March.
In an ongoing effort to provide pathologists with high quality information at the investigative and applied practice level to reinforce and update their knowledge of pathology in their unique areas of interest, Miraca Life Sciences will be presenting seven impactful posters at USCAP. The posters that will be presented at USCAP by Miraca Life Sciences this year include:
- Heterogeneity of PTEN and ERG biomarkers expression in prostate cancer needle biopsies with more than one core positive: Implications for biomarkers sampling strategy
- Correlation of p16 Expression and the Clinicopathologic Presentation of Anal Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Incidence and Clinicopathological Characteristics of Gleason Pattern 5 Prostate Cancer in Contemporary Needle Biopsies Series: A Prospective Study
- Submucosal Lipoma and Sessile Serrated Adenoma/Polyp, More Than Just a Coincidence?
- Gastric Polyps: Shifting Paradigms in the Twilight of Helicobacter
- Gastric Antral Vascular Ectasia: Relevance of the Histopathologic Diagnosis
- Isolated Eosinophilic Colitis: A Challenging Diagnosis in Search of Criteria
Publishing groundbreaking information in high-impact peer-reviewed journals, global symposia, workshops, seminars and courses nationwide, Miraca Life Sciences enhances pathologists’ laboratory and clinical acumen. Miraca Life Sciences’ dedicated group of pathologist-scientists expands pathology’s boundaries through their ideas and discoveries.
"Miraca has a responsibility to undergo meaningful investigative endeavors to enrich the existing body of scientific knowledge," said Richard Lash, MD, Chief Medical Officer for Miraca Life Sciences. “These projects ultimately serve our overriding purpose to ensure that every patient receives the right answer. We are proud to participate actively in this year’s USCAP meeting.”
About Miraca Life Sciences
Miraca Life Sciences specializes in the development and commercialization of the highest quality academic pathology services, primarily in the fields of dermatology, hematology, gastroenterology and urology. The company’s core team of more than 90 academic-caliber specialists utilizes state-of-the-art pathology laboratories currently headquartered in Irving, Texas, and throughout the United States to serve more than 3,500 patients every day. Through rigorous quality assurance, daily and monthly conferences, and close relationships with clinical partners, Miraca Life Sciences continuously improves diagnostic precision.
For more than 100 years, the USCAP has been the global leader for advancing knowledge in the field of pathology. USCAP uniquely offers the highest standards of pathology education and attract leaders among 10,000 members in more than 26 key pathology concentrations. Through faculty, and by supporting innovation and scientific breakthroughs in the field of pathology, the USCAP leads “pathology excellence through education” around the world.