Research forecasts the total value of worldwide mobile payment transactions will be $721 billion by 2017
(PRWEB) February 27, 2014
The interactive complimentary event brought to you by Open Mobile Media will be held on 6th March (Thursday) 12pm-1pm EST and has already had over 700 sign ups from the mobile payments and digital wallet community (Registration is open here - http://www.openmobilemedia.com/mobile-wallet-wars-usa/webinar.php). It will discuss technical innovation, data interoperability and business cases to entice the digital native consumer with flexible payment platforms within a secure data network.
Research forecasts the total value of worldwide mobile payment transactions will be $721 billion by 2017. – Gartner. The integration and development of these mobile wallets is growing fast organically with investment from wireless carriers, financial institutions, venture capitalists, retailer and software developer’s all looking to capture a niche in the market.
Yet the industry is grappling with ways to engage the consumer with a holistic shopping experience stemming from a strong value proposition offering loyalty benefits, secure payments, and streamlined shopping both online and offline.
Mobile Wallet Wars Project Director Shreya Ganapathy stated, “Despite the entire buzz surrounding mobile wallet connectivity, no one yet has the title of master of the digital wallet with high consumer adoption. The space is wide open." She continued, “2014 is the year in which the mobile payments ecosystem will embrace key breakthroughs to build consumer adoption using innovative tech and secure data driven business models to engage the connected consumer.”
To explore these developments in the mobile wallet and payments landscape, Open Mobile Media has organised a live free webinar entitled ‘How to make the digital wallet stick with scalable business models and tech?’
The 45 minute session includes live Q & A's and will be delivered by key industry figures including:
- Richard Char, Global Head of Digital Networks and Retail Services, Citi Enterprise Payments
- Dave Birch, Global Ambassador, Consult Hyperion
- Rob Canterbury, Senior Director – Strategic Partnerships, Qualcomm Retail Solutions
The agenda includes:
- See who is making progress with NFC, Bluetooth LE Beacons, QR codes and hybrid wallet models in order to predict which technology will be accepted by consumers
- Explore the organisational capabilities of the mobile wallet such as authentication, storing your driving license, passport and social security numbers to speed up payment and verification to provide added value to the consumer
- See how cloud based services such as encryption and tokenisation will add an additional layer of security to prevent payment fraud, theft and safeguard wallet longevity
The webinar offers a chance to understand how the digital wallet market experts are viewing the future development, innovation in technology, and potential growth of the market.
More than that, the opportunity to ask questions directly to industry thought-leaders for first-hand answers is here. The webinar can be joined for free at http://www.openmobilemedia.com/mobile-wallet-wars-usa/webinar.php. Places are limited, so Open Mobile Media has advised that you register early to avoid disappointment.
Project Director |Open Mobile Media
P: +44 20 7375 7150
About Open Mobile Media
Open Mobile Media is the reference point for future mobile and web landscapes. We aim to provide you with industry focused news, events, reports, updates and information. Open Mobile Media is part of FC Business Intelligence Ltd. FC Business Intelligence Ltd is a registered company in England and Wales - Registered number 04388971, 7-9 Fashion Street, London, E1 6PX, UK. enabling dialogue throughout the industry.