(PRWEB) February 28, 2014
In light of the recent record-breaking 400 Gbps DDoS attack, Nexusguard, a leading anti-DDoS security service provider, recommends that businesses protect their websites as soon as possible. For businesses that are highly-reliant on an online presence or web-based applications, disrupted service can result in customer service nightmares, a damaged reputation, and even massive financial loss.
Different from many other types of information security threats, there is no "quick-fix" for DDoS attacks. DDoS attacks hit swift and hard, and businesses must be prepared to weather the storm before it's too late. However, not every business has the time or resources to invest in an effective mitigation strategy--that's where a DDoS solution provider like Nexusguard can help.
Businesses need to know that not all DDoS solution providers are created equal. Choosing the right DDoS solution provider allows a business to effortlessly maintain stable services, which in turn enables the business to focus more on core activities while lowering their costs--which translate to a faster return on investment.
There are three steps to choosing an appropriate DDoS solution provider:
1. Understanding your needs. Conduct a Business Impact Analysis (BIA) to see how your business will be affected by temporary or prolonged service disruption. The impact on your business will dictate the level of protection you need.
2. Assess your risk level. Different businesses have different levels of risk; the size of your business and the infrastructure you have in place, as well as the industry you are in and its level of competitiveness, all are all factors that determine if there will be strong motivations to attack your website.
3. Choose an appropriate service provider and service plan. Once you have assessed your business needs and risk level, you need to choose for your business either a premium solution, professional service or mass-market solution.
Regardless of the type of solution provider you choose, responsive customer service is essential. DDoS attacks are highly stressful events that cause a huge impact to your bottom line--you will need all the support you can get, and from a patient, knowledgeable customer service representative. Nexusguard is the first and only DDoS solution provider to achieve People Site Certification and Customer Service Quality Standard certification. Furthermore, our team consists of highly experienced security experts that deliver a prompt solution to even the most complex DDoS attacks. Having a deep understanding of attacks and which countermeasures to apply is critical to mitigating the effects of a DDoS attack and ensuring faster service recovery.
Most importantly, you should choose a service provider that will not allow your services to be affected by attacks on their other customers. Many network service providers are still holding on to the archaic model of providing a one-size-fits-all solution to their customers; when service providers cannot differentiate between different customers' traffic until it gets to the Application Layer, it creates a vulnerability that attackers can take advantage of--since all of their customers share the same resource pool, even non-targeted servers on the same network will be affected by the collateral damage of a large attack.
Nexusguard is one of the few security service providers that eliminates collateral damage by isolating attacked machines from the rest of the network. With a globally distributed platform with massive bandwidth capacity, we offer a dedicated and quick connection return to prevent attacks from causing collateral damage. We analyze every risk and isolate malicious traffic from the normal pool, which is a key differentiator that separates us from other solution providers. With Nexusguard, you will never have to worry about being taken offline, whether by a DDoS attack directed at you or by collateral damage.
Finally, among your chosen provider’s offerings, choose the most appropriate service plan: it should provide the features you need at a price you can accept. For example, Nexusguard's ClearDDoS' three tiers offer varying levels of customization and different types of pricing models, allowing it to cater to businesses of any size and industry while retaining the same level of protection and quality of service, without compromise:
- ClearDDoS Premium: Provides maximum customization and security, and is designed for large businesses or organizations that run mission-critical applications, such as online gaming.
- ClearDDoS Unlimited: Designed for medium-sized businesses whose applications need only moderately customized services, such as online banking and online shopping.
- ClearDDoS Proactive: Provides an approachable alternative for businesses whose applications' security requires little customization and have limited resources available for for anti-DDoS measures. SMBs, government offices and nonprofit organizations will find ClearDDoS Proactive's Token-based model the most effective way to secure their websites.
For more information, please visit http://www.nexusguard.com.
Nexusguard is an industry-leading Internet security service provider, proven by years of experience mitigating thousands of attacks per month. Established in 2008, Nexusguard continues to provide innovative end-to-end, cloud-based Internet security solutions. By protecting clients against the ever-increasing and evolving multitude of Internet threats, Nexusguard's cloud-based security solutions empower clients around the globe with uninterrupted services.
Benjamin Yip - Marketing Manager
Ivy Wu - Marketing & PR Executive