“The Reflection product combined with Attachmate’s top-notch support and consulting services meet all of our unique business requirements related to host connectivity,” said Duane P. Morris, vice president of desktop support at a large commercial lender
Seattle, Washington (PRWEB) March 04, 2014
Attachmate Corporation, http://www.attachmate.com, today announced the release of Attachmate® Reflection® 2014, a new version of its industry-leading terminal emulation software. Reflection 2014 provides enterprise customers with support for advanced security protocols and the Windows® 8.1 operating system, and features that make it easier to access legacy applications from mobile devices, empowering the workforce while still protecting critical data.
“From the early days of MS-DOS® to now Windows 8.1, and everything in between, our customers rely on Attachmate to stay ahead of the latest enterprise trends,” said Eric Varness, vice president, product management and marketing, at Attachmate. “As enterprises shift to a more mobile workforce and BYOD/BYOA becomes the rule rather than the exception, our customers can be assured that our products will evolve along with their ever-changing needs.”
“The Reflection product combined with Attachmate’s top-notch support and consulting services meet all of our unique business requirements related to host connectivity,” said Duane P. Morris, vice president of desktop support at a large commercial lender and a longtime Attachmate customer. “We have multiple projects in progress that leverage Reflection’s application integration capabilities, including VBA and Reflection’s new .NET API, that will automate key business processes and save the organization a lot of time.”
The top new features in Reflection 2014 include:
- Support for Windows 8.1. As enterprises begin to migrate to the latest version of Windows, Reflection 2014 has already earned the “Windows 8.1 Compatible” logo.
- TouchUx, which optimizes the Reflection user experience when accessing host applications running in a Citrix XenApp® environment from any mobile device. TouchUx provides full-featured terminal emulation while improving usability with host applications when accessed from smartphone and tablet form-factors. It also enables easier data entry with touch keyboards.
- SmartUx, which provides tools for modernizing IBM® host applications with current-day application functionality. Developers can leverage a new set of programming interfaces to highlight fields and overlay controls on legacy IBM host applications. The updated user experience maximizes end-user productivity, reduces mistakes, and decreases training requirements.
- End-to-End Encryption and Centralized Management. Reflection 2014 includes patent-pending secure token authorization functionality from Attachmate’s Reflection Security Gateway 2014 to enable end-to-end encryption, centralized identity management and access control. This allows companies to leverage their existing enterprise identity management infrastructure.
- Improved Security and Data Protection. Reflection 2014 continues to strengthen and improve data and system security with new support for Java® 7, Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol version 1.2 and SHA-256 digital signatures. These additions continue to bring enterprises the highest level of security and protection for mission-critical data.
“Providing flexible, secure access to the information and applications hosted by mainframes continues to be a mission-critical business requirement – and this is true even more so today, given the disruptive trends in collaboration, mobility, big data, and cloud computing,” said Derek Brink, vice president and research fellow at Aberdeen Group, A Harte Hanks Company. “Solutions that provide terminal emulation and host access to these deeply entrenched, mission-critical business systems are as essential as ever to the modern enterprise, and perhaps more so.”
Reflection 2014 is available now. For more information on Reflection 2014, please visit http://www.attachmate.com/Products/Terminal+Emulation/Reflection/rss/rss.htm. For more information on pricing, please contact sales(at)attachmate(dot)com. To evaluate Reflection 2014, please visit http://www.attachmate.com/Evals/terminal-emulation/rss/eval-form.htm.
In addition, Attachmate has made available a research paper from Aberdeen Group which chronicles a global financial institution’s journey to reduce technical complexity and costs by streamlining their portfolio of terminal emulation solutions. The research paper can be viewed at http://www.attachmate.com/NR/rdonlyres/BEB0E5D9-3222-42BB-9730-B9619C549F5A/0/aberdeen_terminal_emulation_access.pdf.
About Attachmate Corporation
For more than 30 years, Attachmate has been delivering essential business information to the right users, in the right formats, via the right devices. Today, Attachmate software runs on 19 million desktops and mobile devices—across industries ranging from financial services, healthcare, and government to retail, travel, and manufacturing. Built to integrate existing systems and emerging technologies, our products help organizations worldwide put their IT assets to work in new and meaningful ways.
# # #
Copyright © 2014 Attachmate Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Attachmate, the Attachmate symbol, the Attachmate logo and Reflection are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Attachmate Corporation, in the USA and other countries. Windows®, the Windows logo and MS-DOS are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies in the United States and/or other countries. Citrix® and XenApp® are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. Java is a registered trademark of Oracle and/or its affiliates. All other trademarks, trade names, or company names referenced herein are used for identification only and are the property of their respective owners.
For More Information
(206) 282-4923 ext. 118