Reston, VA (PRWEB) March 05, 2014
MindShare, an exclusive organization designed for CEOs of the most promising high tech companies in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, announces the members of its 18th MindShare class.
Launched in 1997, MindShare handpicks CEOs every year from the area’s hottest emerging growth companies to come together in a private, intimate setting. Its mission is to help CEOs build long-term, sustainable companies by creating opportunities for growth, building a sense of community, and fostering teamwork in a collegial environment.
This year MindShare received a record number of nominated companies, and as a result, the class size is the largest it has been since its inception, at 85 CEOs who will enter the Class of 2014. The breadth of companies is almost larger than it has been in years past, with companies representing industries ranging from cyber security to e-commerce to wearable tech to mobile solutions to SaaS enterprise software. The entrepreneurial community across the board will be well represented in this class.
Candidates for MindShare are typically first-time CEOs for companies under $10M, although the expectation is that they won't be there for long. The class will hear from notable speakers, enjoy old-fashioned networking, and discuss critical topics for building a business at the CEO level. More than 700 CEOs have graduated from MindShare, creating a deep and valuable alumni network. The MindShare Alumni Network has grown into a powerful voice for the region’s entrepreneurs, and has plans to become an even stronger force in 2014.
The 2014 class kicks off tonight with a special event at the Verizon Center hosted by Ted Leonsis and the MindShare Board. The 2014 class members are:
- Jenny Abramson, LiveSafe, Inc.
- John Ackerly, Virtru
- Noble Ackerson, Byte an Atom Research
- Eric Allen, Admit.me
- Pamela Arya, Optensity, Inc.
- Ara Bagdasarian, Omnilert
- Anne Balduzzi, SameGrain, Inc.
- Brian Ballard, APX Labs
- Luis Benavides, Day1 Solutions, LLC
- Ray Bolouri, Txtmequick
- Derek Brinkmann, Citadel Studios
- Tiffany Hosey Brown, BuilDATAnalytics
- Christopher Brown, Revmetrix
- David Caruso, HighRoad Solution
- Jay Chapel, Ostrato
- Chris Craig, Unanet
- Craig Cummings, RideScout
- Joe Deal, Degree Prospects, LLC
- Rich Ellinger, Wealthminder
- Rami Essaid, Distil Networks
- Tedd Evers, TripTuner
- David Fairbrothers, Dorsata, Inc.
- Payam Fard, Subject7
- Suhail Farooqui, K12 Insight
- Simon Fitall, Galileo Analytics
- Jason Force, E-Mow
- Mike Fulkerson, Bizy, LLC
- Allen Gannett, TrackMaven
- Stuart Gavurin, Mission Data LLC
- Michael Geppi, Integrata Security
- Tom Giannattasio, Macaw
- Dwight Gibbs, Contraqer
- Aviva Goldfarb, The Six O'Clock Scramble
- Derek Goldstein, CasaPlex
- Ben Grimley, SpeakAgent
- Darren Gruendel, Longevity Alliance
- Shameem Hameed, ZH Healthcare
- Daniel Hanks, SnapDash
- Rich Harris, AddThis, Inc.
- Justin Harrison, Vinolovers
- Gary Hensley, EdBacker
- Greg Hiemenz, InnoVital Systems, Inc.
- Louisa Imperiale, Photox, LLC
- Jason Kaplan, Milestone Sports Ltd
- Sean Kelly, Mosojo
- Jay Leveseque, QR F.I.T. Trail
- James Li, Encore Alert
- Felix Lloyd, Zoobean
- Tony Lopresti, Intellinote
- Kevin MacDonald, Kit Check, Inc.
- Justin Maddox, CrowdTrust
- Paul Maguire, Knowmadics
- Tom Matzzie, Ethical Electric
- Shavanna Miller, Bloompop
- Fernando Murias, Digital Global Systems Inc
- Praba Murugaiah, TechFetch.com
- Tina Tran Neville, CollegeAppz
- Hossein Noshirvani, BISGlobal
- Nikhil Palekar, Nveloped
- Steven Pinchotti, Altum, Inc.
- Tom Pines, Real Magnet
- Chris Plourde, Gannett Broadcast
- Pramod Raheja, MyStaffNow, Inc.
- Mahi Reddy, SemaConnect Inc
- Jamie Resor, groSolar
- Gregory Roberts, Rosoka Software, Inc.
- David Rosenthal, FoundationDB
- Aaron Rosenthal, Golfswell
- Sujoy Roy, VisitDays
- Michael Sanders, Intra-Mail Network
- Jos Schaap, StayNTouch
- Khurrum Shakir, Carsquare, LLC
- Jason Shrensky, Complex Interests, LLC
- Logan Soya, Aquicore
- John Mark Suhy, eGovernment Solutions Inc
- TJ Sun, Avodigy
- Joe Tiano, Legal Decoder LLC
- Madhvi Upender, Awarables Inc.
- Lee Wang, WeddingWire Inc
- Dave Weinberg, loop88
- Randy Wimmer, Analytic Strategies, LLC
- Marybeth Wootton, Berico Technologies
- Danny Zadoff, Nutritionix
Over the past 17 years, some of the region’s most successful CEOs have become a part the ever-growing MindShare Alumni Network , including Joe Payne of Eloqua (2012 IPO and acquired by Oracle for $871M); Tim O’Shaughnessy of LivingSocial (raised over $180M in 2010); Reggie Aggarwal of Cvent (raised $136M in one of the largest Series A rounds on record in 2011); Rick Rudman of Vocus (2005 IPO); Hemant Kanakia of Torrent Networking Technologies (acquired by Ericsson for $450M); and Phillip Merrick of webMethods (the most successful first day software IPO ever).
MindShare is run by co-chairs Harry Glazer, Sprockit; April Young of Hercules Technology Growth Capital, Inc.; and Gene Riechers of EverFi. The Board’s Executive Committee also includes Steve Balistreri of Deloitte & Touche, LLP, and Michael Lincoln of Cooley, LLP. MindShare is supported by a board of industry veterans who are committed to building a strong ecosystem for success.
Founded in 1997, MindShare’s mission is to help CEOs from the most promising high tech emerging growth companies in the Greater Washington Metropolitan region build long-term, sustainable companies by providing mentorship, creating business opportunities and a sense of community, and fostering teamwork in a collegial environment. Year after year, the CEOs who graduate from MindShare reaffirm its enduring value through continued business opportunities and lasting friendships.