Air Liquide is committed to maintaining the safest vehicles possible. We are consistently updating our fleet to leverage new and improved technologies as they become available.
Houston, TX (PRWEB) March 06, 2014
Air Liquide recently introduced 145 new trucks equipped with cutting-edge safety technologies into its bulk distribution fleet as part of its 5-year fleet replacement program. View a video tour of one of the new trucks.
Under the program, tractors are cycled out of operation based upon equipment life cycle to continuously maintain fleet safety and reliability.
Wayne Bohannon, President of Air Liquide Industrial U.S. LP, commented: “Air Liquide is committed to maintaining the safest vehicles possible. We are consistently updating our fleet to leverage new and improved technologies as they become available.”
The new tractors – a mix of day cabs, single-sleeper cabs, and dual sleeper cabs – are equipped with advanced safety technologies designed to help drivers better react to unexpected road conditions and promote safe driving habits.
Major features of the new trucks include:
- Advanced radar sensors mounted to the front and side of the tractor to detect the presence and movement of vehicles around the truck and to alert drivers of potential hazards in the truck’s intended path and in the drivers’ blind spot.
- Collision prevention technology that assists drivers in maintaining a safe following distance, and to help avoid and reduce the impact of rear-end collisions by activating the brakes in emergency situations when a driver may not have time to react.
- An air brake system that reduces stopping distance by 25 percent as compared to conventional brakes. Air brakes are fade-resistant, preventing degradation of stopping power.
- A stability control system that works in conjunction with the air brake system to help prevent rollovers by applying each wheel’s brakes in the correct sequence.
- A lane departure warning system that detects when a truck crosses the lane divider strips and triggers an audible alarm to alert the driver.
- An event recording system – complete with a dual-facing camera mounted on the windshield that captures 180 degrees in front of the vehicle and inside the cabin – the system detects and records unusual movements of a vehicle.
The tractor replacement program compliments a range of extensive driver safety programs developed for the company’s 500+ bulk drivers. Air Liquide drivers are required to complete programs such as safety boot camp and fatigue management training, which also involves drivers’ families to promote safe habits at home, on a regular basis.
About Air Liquide in the U.S.
Air Liquide – the world leader in gases, technologies and services for industry and health – employs more than 5,000 people in the U.S. in over 200 locations. The company offers industrial and medical gases, technologies and related services to customers in energy, industrial, electronics and healthcare markets.
About Air Liquide Industrial U.S. LP
Air Liquide Industrial U.S. LP supplies industrial gases in bulk quantities, clean energy solutions, and related products and services to customers in a range of industries: food and beverage, automotive, metallurgy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, laboratory and analysis, materials handling, healthcare and others.
About Air Liquide
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with close to 50,000 employees and serves more than 2 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Air Liquide ideas create value over the long term. At the core of the company’s development are the commitment and constant inventiveness of its people.
Air Liquide anticipates the challenges of its markets, invests locally and globally and delivers high-quality solutions to its customers and patients, and the scientific community.
The company relies on competitiveness in its operations, targeted investments in growing markets and innovation to deliver profitable growth over the long-term.
Air Liquide’s revenues amounted to € 15.3 billion in 2012, and its solutions that protect life and the environment represented around 40% of sales. Air Liquide is listed on the Paris Euronext stock exchange (compartment A) and is a member of the CAC 40 and Dow Jones Euro Stoxx 50 indexes.