At all levels of society, through every possible venue and opportunity, they convey the message that life is much better when it is lived drug-free.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) March 06, 2014
Day after day, Truth About Drugs volunteers from the Scientology Churches and Missions of Venezuela work at the grassroots level to uplift the culture by combating drug abuse before it begins.
According to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, the link between crime and drug trafficking in countries such as Venezuela is incontrovertible. To the degree that drugs are trafficked through an area, there is a parallel increase in local demand.
Scientologists have mobilized to counter this threat to the lives and happiness of the people of their country. At all levels of society, through every possible venue and opportunity, they convey the message that life is much better when it is lived drug-free.
These volunteers carry out their educational mission with energy and flair as shown by a partial list of activities carried out over the course of one recent two-week period:
- An elementary school drug prevention lecture for youth and adults after which nearly 100 participants signed a pledge to live drug-free
- A Truth About Drugs seminar at a soccer match where 600 sports fans learned how drug use reduces athletic ability and performance
- A day-long seminar to 20 university students who immediately put what they learned into action by holding a drug prevention march
- A meeting with members of a state-level legislative commission to plan and coordinate regional drug prevention activities for 2014
- A drug education seminar at a youth detention facility for 42 juvenile offenders. At the end, every inmate pledged to live drug-free. The director of the institution was so impressed with the results, he is now using the Truth About Drugs Educator’s Guide to train inmates to conduct drug education seminars throughout the facility.
- A drug education seminar at one of the most notorious schools in Maracaibo, after which all 353 students signed a pledge to live drug-free.
- A daylong training session on the Truth About Drugs initiative at which 21 state-level government officials, representatives from the federal government and the head of a prestigious university were introduced to the Truth About Drugs initiative.
- The training of another 20 university students on the Truth About Drugs materials, which was so successful they then arranged the training of an additional 900 students.
- A drug education lecture for 100 high school students and 82 educators who then decided to distribute the Truth About Drugs booklets and carry out additional drug prevention activities.
Scientologists on five continents work in their communities throughout the year to empower others with the truth about drugs. The Church and its members are dedicated to eradicating drug abuse through education.
The Church of Scientology supports The Truth About Drugs initiative, one of the world’s largest nongovernmental drug education and prevention campaigns.
It has been conclusively proven that when young people are provided with the truth about drugs—factual information on what drugs are and what they do—usage rates drop commensurately.
The Church of Scientology has published a brochure, Scientology: How We Help—The Truth About Drugs, Creating a Drug-Free World, to meet requests for more information about the drug education and prevention initiative it supports. To learn more or read the brochure, visit the Scientology website.
Scientology Founder L. Ron Hubbard wrote, “The planet has hit a barrier which prevents any widespread social progress—drugs and other biochemical substances. These can put people into a condition which not only prohibits and destroys physical health but which can prevent any stable advancement in mental or spiritual well-being.”
Press Contact: Tracie Parker
Tel: (323) 960-3500
SOURCE: Scientology Newsroom