New York, NY (PRWEB) March 07, 2014
Manhattan Edit Workshop (MEWShop), the cutting-edge authorized digital training destination for post-production and content creators, will be hosting a free Open House on Wednesday, March 19th from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., at 119 West 23rd Street in Manhattan. Attendees to the MEWShop Open House will have the opportunity to speak with MEW instructors to learn about class offerings including Final Cut Pro® X, Media Composer® 7, Premiere Pro® CC, After Effects® CC, Autodesk Smoke® and DaVinci Resolve® 10. Josh Apter, MEWShop president and founder of The Padcaster®, will also be giving a demo of the multifunctional iPad case that enables on-the-go filmmaking, showing attendees filmmaking apps available on the iPad as well as the best accessories to use with The Padcaster.
In a casual, meet-and-greet format, visitors will get to see the inner workings of Manhattan Edit Workshop’s facilities, watch personalized demos of featured products, and discuss training courses with post-production instructors. Attendees will also have the chance to network with colleagues over food and beverages. All those present at the MEWShop Open House will receive exclusive coupons for new classes, such as the Avid Assistant Workshop and Mac OS courses.
Attend the MEWShop Open House and win prizes.
Register for the event to be automatically entered into the Open House raffle. Prizes include:
- The Padcaster (a $149 value)
- A ticket to MEWShop’s premier event, Sight, Sound and Story, which will be held on Saturday, June 14th (a $89 value)
Featured Instructors and Demonstrations:
Ari Feldman, Editor, Apple and Adobe Certified Instructor
Apple FCP X
- Auditions: Learn how to quickly compare and switch between Effect Filters in your FCP X timeline.
- Multicam: Learn how to create multicam clips, re-sync camera angles and multicam keyboard shortcuts.
- Kens Burns Effect: Learn how to create smooth camera moves.
- Speed Changes: The best options for creating speed changes and retiming your clips in FCP X.
Janet Dalton, MEWShop Director of Education
Avid Media Composer
- AMA Link and Transcode: Learn how to link file-based media using AMA Link and how to transcode it to a local drive or shared storage.
- Nesting Effects: Learn how to apply and refine multiple Effects Filters to your clips and composites in your Avid timeline.
- Avid Multicam: Learn how to edit using Avid’s Multicam Feature, including how to sync, edit and use keyboard shortcuts.
- Trim Keyboard Shortcuts: Learn how to trim fast and easy using the Avid keyboard.
Mark Chandler, Owner of Nervous City Productions; Apple and Adobe Certified Instructor
Adobe Premiere Pro
- Automate to Sequence and Trimming: Mark will demonstrate an extremely fast and efficient method of editing clips into the Premiere timeline and how to refine edits using the trim tools.
- Premiere Pro Multicam: Take a look at the multicam options available in Premiere Pro as well as best practices and keyboard shortcuts for multicam.
Adobe After Effects
- Using Dynamic Link: Create speed changes and time remapping effects in Premiere Pro and refine in After Effects using Dynamic Link.
- 3D Camera Tracker: Learn how to track objects in After Effects using the 3D Camera Tracker.
Yan Shvalb, Apple and Autodesk Certified Instructor
- Finishing and Compositing Techniques for Editors: Take a project from FCP X and add sophisticated compositing and effects to take the story to a new level using Smoke 2013.
- 3D Titles and Effects Using Connect FX and Action: Look at Connect FX and Action to create stunning 3D graphics using Smoke 2013.
- Color Correction for Editors: Learn how to take an XML out of FCP X and grade the sequence using Resolve.
- Secondary Corrections and Effects: Fine-tuning your grades using qualifiers and power winds, and how we can use these tools to address specific issues like skin smoothing.
About Manhattan Edit Workshop – Certified Training in New York City and Your City
Headquartered in NYC’s Flatiron District, Manhattan Edit Workshop was founded in 2002 with the goal of providing cutting-edge instruction on Apple®, Adobe® and Avid® platforms. Since then, MEWShop has added Digital Cinema Production classes, DaVinci Resolve, Autodesk® Smoke®, Assimilate Scratch training and a two-week documentary film production course to its already impressive curriculum. MEWShop’s signature Six-Week Intensive Workshop is a jump-start for anyone looking for a career in post-production, while weekend and one-week courses introduce and solidify core editing concepts. Corporate and group training offers a customized curriculum, either in-house or on-site, for professionals eager to learn a new skill or to build on existing ones. The facility’s focus on small workshops, highly skilled and certified faculty, and a results-oriented curriculum has quickly won it the reputation as New York’s premier post-production teaching facility.
Follow @mewshop on Twitter and Facebook. For more information on Manhattan Edit Workshop please visit: mewshop.com.