LightWave has been the backbone for everything from award-winning films and television episodics to influential architectural visualization and advertising campaigns. There is no better time than now to ‘Join the Rebellion’ and move to LightWave.
Burbank, California (PRWEB) March 06, 2014
The LightWave 3D® Group, a division of NewTek, Inc., announced today a special program for current Autodesk Softimage software users to “Join the Rebellion” and move to a full seat of LightWave 11.6 software for the special crossgrade price of $495 (USD). The Softimage crossgrade offer is available at http://www.lightwave3d.com/crossgrade_promo and valid through March 31, 2014.
Artists are also welcome to evaluate the software by downloading a full-feature30-day trial version of LightWave 11.6 at http://www.lightwave3d.com/try_lightwave.
“The news of Softimage’s retirement displaces an entire community of artists who are passionate about their creativity and the software they use,” said Rob Powers, president, LightWave 3D Group. “We invite all Softimage artists to join the rebels, the independents, the artists and studios that push their creativity to the limits each and every day with LightWave 3D software. For more than 20 years, LightWave has been the backbone for everything from award-winning films and television episodics to influential architectural visualization and advertising campaigns. There is no better time than now to ‘Join the Rebellion’ and move to LightWave.”
Created by artists for artists, LightWave 3D is award-winning software that offers an end-to-end production pipeline for artists and designers to model, animate, capture, retarget, render, and input and output to 3D. Some of the many features of LightWave 3D include:
- Modeling – Robust polygonal sub-d modeler with real world units
- Surfacing – Stunning photoreal layer-based and nodal surfacing tools
- Rigging – Instant rigging presets with or without weight maps
- Object Referencing – Flexible object referencing architecture or ASCII scenes
- Animation – Procedural, nodal, flocking and keyframe animation tools
- Rendering – Integrated state-of-the-art renderer with unlimited nodes
- Viewport Preview Renderer (VPR) – Interactive shading, raytracing, DOF, motion blur, lighting and GI
- Bullet Dynamics – Fast and simple rigid and soft body Dynamics Engine
- Industry Standards – Supports Alembic, FBX, Autodesk Geo Cache, Python, DPX, ZBrush Goz, After Effects, MDD, and OBJ
For more information about LightWave 3D software or the LightWave 3D Group, please visit: http://www.lightwave3d.com.
NewTek is transforming the way people create network-style television content and share it with the world. From sporting events, Web-based talk shows, live entertainment, classrooms, and corporate communications—to virtually any venue where people want to capture and publish live video, we give our customers the power to grow their audiences, brands and businesses, faster than ever before.
NewTek is privately owned and based in San Antonio, Texas.