Even as we celebrate our achievements over the past 25 years, our sights are trained on the future and how we can continue to support our clients’ needs around the globe and be World Ready in years to come.
Houston, Texas (PRWEB) March 07, 2014
In 2014 Lex Mundi celebrates its 25th anniversary and the many achievements of its member firms and the global relationships that have been built over the years.
Since it was founded in 1989, Lex Mundi has grown from a small group of forward-thinking law firms to a global network of 160 member firms with more than 21,000 lawyers.
More than shear growth in size, Lex Mundi has evolved over the past 25 years to become the world’s leading law firm network and a mark of excellence for member firms. Through the remarkable collection of member firms, the network today has unmatched global reach and a tremendous capacity for providing legal services to clients in today’s global economy.
Quality has been the hallmark of Lex Mundi, and for 25 years Lex Mundi and its member firms have focused on excellence and continuous improvement. Supported by a rigorous vetting and membership review processes, member firms and their clients can count on the World Ready network for top-notch expertise and service around the globe.
In keeping with Lex Mundi's mission to help member firms serve clients better, continuously improve and increase their client base, many important programs and resources have been put in place through the years to support the members’ competitive needs:
- Professional Development: Leading edge training programs, including the week-long intensive programs provided by the Lex Mundi Institute that help lawyers advance in their cross-border practices and management roles.
- Global Networking Opportunities: Conferences, practice groups and online resources to help members and clients build relationships, share knowledge and develop practices.
- Seamless Service: Protocols and best practices when working together for common clients across borders.
- Best Practices: Programs that bolster member firms in areas such as project management secondments, the advancement of women lawyers, and the enhancement of working relationships between member firm lawyers and their clients.
- Global Pro Bono: The Lex Mundi Pro Bono Foundation supports the growing social entrepreneur movement and provides our member firm lawyers significant opportunities to create global change.
- Client Advisory Council: This group of senior in-house counsel from some of the world’s leading companies provides advice and guidance in a variety of areas that enhance member firms’ ability to deliver the best possible service to their clients and to better meet the demands of in-house counsel.
- Membership Review Process: Membership in Lex Mundi is not permanent. Lex Mundi employs a rigorous membership review process to maintain and enhance the quality of its member firms.
- Managing Partner Resources: Support for managing partners for achieving their goals of continuous improvement and for efficient operations of their firms.
Lex Mundi President Carl Anduri commented, “Even as we celebrate our achievements over the past 25 years, our sights are trained on the future and how we can continue to support our clients’ needs around the globe and be World Ready in years to come.”
About Lex Mundi
Lex Mundi is the world’s leading network of independent law firms with in-depth experience in 100+ countries. Lex Mundi member firms offer clients preferred access to more than 21,000 lawyers worldwide – a global resource of unmatched breadth and depth. Each member firm is selected on the basis of its leadership in – and continued commitment to – its local market. The Lex Mundi principle is one independent firm for each jurisdiction. Firms must maintain their level of excellence to retain membership within Lex Mundi.
Through close collaboration, information-sharing, training and inter-firm initiatives, the Lex Mundi network is an assurance of connected, on-the ground expertise in every market in which a client needs to operate. Working together, Lex Mundi members are able to seamlessly handle their clients’ most challenging cross-border transactions and disputes.
Member law firms are located throughout Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean and North America. Through Lex Mundi’s nonprofit affiliate, the Lex Mundi Pro Bono Foundation, members also provide pro bono legal assistance to social entrepreneurs around the globe.