We developed SafeConnex in response to a growing market need for consumers to have access to additional tools and resources that will further enhance the protection of their digital footprint.
Chantilly, VA (PRWEB) March 11, 2014
Identity Guard®, a leader in identity theft protection, is excited to announce the launch of SafeConnexTM, the latest addition to its consumer privacy protection services suite. SafeConnex is a cross platform application provided free of charge that will help consumers manage and protect their online login credentials and frequently used payment information such as user names, passwords, credit card numbers, and billing addresses. It is also designed to provide them with a safe browsing experience when visiting financial sites.
A recent finding in the 2014 Identity Fraud Report by Javelin Strategy & Research and co-sponsored by Intersections Inc., provider of Identity Guard services, shows that poor password habits are driving consumers to be more susceptible to fraud. Survey results from the report found that in 2013, consumers with more than twenty online accounts were nearly 50% more likely to experience fraud as compared to consumers with fewer than ten accounts. The report also indicated that the ratio of passwords to online accounts decreased as the number of online accounts increased. Consumers with more than twenty online accounts were more likely to use only one password for every three accounts. With so many different online accounts being used today, it can be difficult for consumers to remember all of their passwords, forcing many to make the choice to sacrifice security for convenience.
“We developed SafeConnex in response to a growing market need for consumers to have access to additional tools and resources that will further enhance the protection of their digital footprint,” said Steve Schwartz, President of Identity Guard. “Consumers live in a complex world with the broad adoption of the Internet and it’s important for them to take steps today to keep them protected in the future. With SafeConnex, we have made it easier for them to manage their passwords, make online purchases, and search and browse the Internet safely and securely.”
SafeConnex includes the following features and benefits:
- One-click access to password-protected accounts via a secure and encrypted PIN.
- Secure and convenient password management for all online accounts, including a list of more than 8,000 verified financial institution website to help protect financial assets.
- Easy access to password protected financial websites with the Secure View browser which automatically logs the user into their financial websites, protecting them against spyware and other Web-based threats.
- Securely stored and auto-filled credit card information to make online purchases easier and safer.
- Safe Search feature that provides consumers with website ratings and warnings before clicking on a website link in the search results.
- Backup of the user’s securely encrypted account is stored on the device’s hard drive, not on the cloud, further reducing the risk of identity theft.
SafeConnex is available for the PC today with a version for the iOS and Android platforms coming soon. To learn more about Identity Guard SafeConnex, please visit http://www.identityguard.com/safeconnex.
About Identity Guard
Identity Guard is a proactive identity and credit protection service that delivers premium solutions to help busy families and individuals take control over their personal and private information. Our services help educate and empower individuals to protect themselves from the growing threat of identity theft with premier identity protection and credit monitoring solutions. Identity Guard is provided by Intersections Inc. (NASDAQ: INTX), which, since 1996, has protected more than 36 million consumers.