It was a real challenge to select one overall winner, with so many worthwhile candidates for the title. The response to the award was truly fantastic and a great platform to recognise those people who often go the extra mile.
Inverness, UK (PRWEB UK) 11 March 2014
The Macrae & Dick Outstanding Employee of the Year award is aimed at recognising employees who have gone the extra mile either with their customers or fellow colleagues. Employees were asked to nominate their choice of Outstanding Employee and from this list an awards panel including the Group Managing Director chose the finalist.
Andrew Grzesinski, Group Managing Director said that “It was a real challenge to select one overall winner, with so many worthwhile candidates for the title. The response to the award was truly fantastic and a great platform to recognise those people who often go the extra mile.”
Hugh was presented with his award, a cheque and a bottle of champagne at the Macrae & Dick Outstanding Awards lunch that was held at the Kingsmills Hotel on Friday 7th March.
Hugh received a significant amount of nominations from his colleagues in the parts and service departments ranging from apprentices, service advisors, parts admin and also being recognised by the general manager. Some of the reasons given for his nomination included: ‘Hugh always goes the extra mile’, ‘he always makes time for his colleagues’, ‘always gives 110%’,’ (if) the saying dictates ‘nobody is indispensable’ Hugh is as close as you’ll get’.
Other awards presented on the day were:
Outstanding New Vehicles Sales Executive of the Year Award to Gordon McGregor, Ford Elgin
Outstanding Used Vehicle Sales Executive of the Year Award to Dugie Cameron, Mazda
Outstanding GAP Sales Executive of the Year Award to Billy Nelson, Ford Perth
Outstanding Finance Sales Executive of the Year Award to Billy Nelson, Ford Perth
Outstanding Administrator of the Year Award, Richard Oddy, IT Support Assistant, Head Office
Outstanding Parts Employee of the Year Award, Alan Bannerman, Aberdeen Honda
Outstanding Service Technician of the Year Award to George Gordon, Ford Inverness
Outstanding Service Advisor of the Year Award to Raemond Charles, Menzies BMW, Stirling
Outstanding Sales Executive of the Year Award to Andrew Hardie, Ford Inverness
The 2014 Outstanding Employee of the Year awards will be launched later this year.
Notes to the Editor
- Established in 1878 Macrae & Dick Limited has always had an association with the transport industry. It is one of the longest established dealers in UK and a generation before the motor car. With dealerships in Inverness, Elgin, Aberdeen, Perth and Stirling, Macrae & Dick employs over 450 people within the region. We are proud to have the franchises for Ford, Honda, Jaguar, Land Rover, Toyota and Mazda and under the Menzies brand BMW and MINI (in Stirling).
- Macrae & Dick works exclusively within the retail motor industry and related fields. It has workshops and outlets that provide service, parts and body repair work. These include retail and wholesale parts operations and the supply of parts for all makes of cars and vans. With an accident repair centre in Inverness, ‘Hi-Tech’ which is an accredited ARC centre and offers accident management for all types of vehicles.
- The group also has four fast fit centres based in Inverness, Elgin, Perth and Stirling trading under the ‘Rapid Fit’ banner.
- Hugh Maciver started working at Macrae & Dick Ford Inverness in 2002 as a Parts Advisor.
- For further information on Macrae & Dick Limited, visit the website.
For media enquiries please contact: Jennifer Macdonald-Nethercott, Senior Marketing Executive, Macrae & Dick Ltd 01463 230430.