This book, the first of its kind published both in English and Spanish, provides an easy-to-follow guide to understand and harness the natural properties of the brain so that more readers can thrive in the 21st century.
Washington, DC (PRWEB) March 12, 2014
SharpBrains, an independent think tank tracking health and wellness applications of brain science, today announced it is making the Kindle editions of its acclaimed brain health and brain training book, both in English and Spanish language, available at no cost during a limited time.
- In English: The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness: How to Optimize Brain Health and Performance at Any Age (published April 2013)
- In Spanish: Cómo invertir en su cerebro: Una guía SharpBrains para mejorar su mente y su vida (published February 2014)
Featuring a foreword by Dr. Misha Pavel at the National Science Foundation, these books, available in paperback and e-book in the US and abroad, cut through the misconceptions, superficial and conflicting media coverage, and aggressive marketing claims with a common sense approach that empowers readers to take control of their own brain health.
“In today’s increasingly high-demand, fast-paced world, we all need to process information faster, boost memory and resilience, and delay age-related problems,” said Alvaro Fernandez, CEO of SharpBrains and co-author of the guide, named a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum. “Instead of waiting for elusive magic pills, we need to pay more attention to a new brain health model based on lifestyle and research-based brain training tools. This book, the first of its kind published both in English and Spanish, provides an easy-to-follow guide to understand and harness the natural properties of the brain so that more readers can thrive in the 21st century.”
Praise for the book:
- “A stimulating, challenging resource, full of solid information and practical tips for improving brain health." -Kirkus Reviews
- "One of those books you cannot ignore. Insightful, to the point, actionable. " —Dr. Tobias Kiefer, Director Global Learning & Development, Booz & Company
- “An essential reference on the field of brain fitness, neuroplasticity and cognitive health” —Walter Jessen, PhD, founder and editor, Highlight Health
- “A much-needed resource to help us better understand our brains and minds and how to nourish them through life.“ —Susan E. Hoffman, Director, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UC Berkeley
- Named a Best Book by AARP
SharpBrains is an independent market research firm and think tank tracking health and wellness applications of brain science. The company maintains a biannual state-of-the market report series, produces an annual global and virtual professional conference, and publishes consumer-facing books. To learn more about The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness (English language) and Cómo invertir en su cerebro (en Español), visit Sharpbrains.com.