“Like many clinics across the country, we’re seeing an increase in men opting to take advantage of the state-of-the-art technology that allows us to restore or enhance areas of facial hair."
Boca Raton, FL (PRWEB) March 13, 2014
Recent news of the increase in beard transplants has captivated the media, even catching the attention of Howard Stern’s popular radio show. Nationally prominent hair loss expert, Dr. Alan J. Bauman, was invited for a guest spot on the show on Tuesday, March 11, to discuss the phenomenon.
The hipster trend is largely credited for the increase, though the growing number of Hollywood stars sporting perfectly manicured beards and scruff has also contributed to the increased demand of the procedure.
Dr. Bauman discussed how the transplant works, and dished on which Hollywood stars have the most enviable facial hair. “Today's stars' facial hair may come and go... the most requested looks are still the iconic Tom Selleck 'stache and Elvis' sideburns,” Bauman revealed during the interview. South Florida Latinos are searching for the perfect machismo mustache or complete goatee.
Beard transplants, which cost around $7,000 or more, may seem extreme, but have become routine at Bauman Medical Group in recent years. “Like many clinics across the country, we’re seeing an increase in men opting to take advantage of the state-of-the-art technology that allows us to restore or enhance areas of facial hair,” explained Bauman. Bauman is no stranger to cosmetic transplants, he helped pioneer new eyelash transplant techniques in 2001.
In fact, despite beard transplants stealing the spotlight, eyelash transplants, hair transplants, as well as other body hair transplants are all on the rise.
About Beard Transplants and Other Transplant Trends:
- Beard Transplants – The use of artistically-placed follicular units into a beard area can restore or enhance areas of facial hair that are lacking. Particular attention must be paid to the angle, orientation and position of each individual graft to achieve an aesthetically-pleasing result that looks 100% natural. Hair transplanted into the beard or mustache areas will need to be trimmed routinely, as the hair continues to live and grow naturally in the new location.
- NeoGraft FUE: The "Cadillac" of transplants. The minimally-invasive NeoGraft device helps the surgical team extract hair follicles from the donor area of the scalp individually without the need for scalpel or stitches, leaving no linear scar. Recovery is faster, more comfortable and less restrictive. When properly performed, artistic hairline design using grafts of single follicles creates hair transplant results that truly defy detection.
- Celebrity Hairlines - We’ve heard about women trying to get Angelina Jolie’s lips, but what about men who want Brad Pitt’s hairline? Believe it or not, celebrity hairlines are the latest trend in cosmetic surgery.
- Eyebrow Transplants – Over-plucking the brows can cause follicular damage and permanent brow loss. A new microsurgical procedure can create new living, growing eyebrows; the procedure is also effective to cover scars.
- Eyelash Transplants - Transplantation can be used to replace eyelashes that have been damaged by trauma, or to enhance existing eyelashes that are otherwise short and/or sparse. Dr. Bauman has perfected the art of eyelash transplantation, permanently transplanting literally dozens of living and growing follicles comfortably into each eyelid during the outpatient procedure.
- Transgender Hair Transplants – Transgender hair restoration is an important aesthetic element to the gender male to female reassignment process. Hairline lowering, scar covering through transplantation are among the most requested transgender procedures.
Dr. Bauman has treated more than 15,000 hair loss sufferers since 1997 and is considered one of the world’s top medical experts on hair loss, having been regularly featured in the country’s leading print, radio and television media. For more information on any of the treatments discussed, visit http://www.baumanmedical.com, or call 1-877-BAUMAN-9 or 561-394-0024. To read Dr. Bauman’s celebrity hair blog, visit: http://www.celebrityhairloss.blogspot.com.
About Dr. Alan J. Bauman:
Alan J. Bauman, M.D. is a full-time hair transplant surgeon who has treated over 15,000 patients and performed over 6,000 surgical procedures since starting his hair loss practice, Bauman Medical Group, P.A. in 1997 located in Boca Raton, FL.
Dr. Bauman received his M.D. degree from New York Medical College and surgical residency training at Mt. Sinai Medical Center and Beth Israel Medical Center in New York. Dr. Bauman is one of approximately 100 physicians worldwide to achieve certification from the esteemed American and International Board of Hair Restoration Surgery. He has been an active member of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery as a participant and lecturer at numerous Annual Scientific Meetings and Live Surgery Workshops.
Dr. Bauman is an author of textbook chapters on the science of hair care and hair transplantation, including eyelash transplant surgery, and has been extensively featured in the world’s leading media as a medical expert and successful early-adopter of some of the most advanced technologies in the treatment of hair loss such as laser therapy and NeoGraft FUE hair transplantation.
Dr. Bauman has been featured extensively in the world’s leading media in print, radio and television as a medical expert and successful early-adopter of the most advanced technologies in the treatment of hair loss. Appearances, interviews and profiles include the Today Show, The Early Show, Good Morning America, Extra, Access Hollywood and Dateline NBC among other TV appearances. Newspaper and Magazine articles and feature stories include The New York Times, Newsweek, Cosmo, Vogue, Allure, O – The Oprah Magazine and Men’s Health among others.