Pleasanton, CA (PRWEB) March 12, 2014
Steelwedge, the leader in cloud-based sales and operations planning (S&OP) solutions, today announced that it is sponsoring an IndustryWeek webinar on Thursday, March 13, at 2:00 PM EDT entitled “Game On! Sony Computer Entertainment America Plans for Profitability in its PlayStation Business with S&OP Technology.” Click here to register.
In November 2013, Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) successfully launched the much-anticipated fourth edition of its videogame console, the PlayStation. Sony used Steelwedge cloud-based sales and operations planning (S&OP) software to connect all the crucial people, processes and data to help it navigate its biggest launch ever—delivering approximately 5 million units in subsequent months.
Prior to automating its S&OP process, SCEA dealt with challenges that many manufacturers face, including:
- Difficulty forecasting demand due to SKU differentiation through bundling
- Unique interdependencies with regional counterparts and corporate headquarters, as well as with external component suppliers
- Volatility of the global marketplace
- A highly technical and non-user-friendly process built on an Access database
During this webinar, Bob Wood, SCEA’s Director of Sales Planning and Operations, will discuss those challenges and how SCEA increased visibility through a consensus planning process that enables:
- Profitability. Improving forecast accuracy from 60% to high ~90% immediately drove better profitability—ensuring the right products were in the right place at right time.
- Improved Market Share. SCEA makes better supply/demand tradeoff decisions, due to more reliable data.
- Scalability. The cloud-based solution from Steelwedge allows Sony to power its process in scope with its evolving market.
- Risk Mitigation. The proven, secure Steelwedge platform limits Sony’s IT exposure to risks around data, business continuity and security.
Bob Wood, Director, Sales Planning & Operations, Sony Computer Entertainment America
Ed Lewis, Vice President, Product Marketing and Planning, Steelwedge Software
Steelwedge Software is the leading Integrated Business Planning solution provider. Steelwedge’s cloud Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) software solutions connect people, process and technology to power a single view of a company’s business. In a volatile global business environment, that single line of sight powers reliable “what-if” scenario modeling and mobile analytics to pinpoint the financial impact of supply-demand trade-offs. Some of the world's largest manufacturing companies including Jaguar Land Rover, Lenovo, Monsanto and Sony, trust Steelwedge to help them mitigate risk and rapidly adapt to global economic, political and environmental change through best-in-class S&OP.