BUFFALO, NY (PRWEB) March 13, 2014
Synacor Inc. (NASDAQ: SYNC), the leading provider of next-gen startpages, homescreens, award-winning TV Everywhere solutions and cloud-based Identity Management (IDM) services, across multiple devices for cable, satellite, telecom and consumer electronics companies in the U.S. and abroad, today offered Top Five tips for pay-TV subscribers looking to access Men’s NCAA Basketball this March via web and mobile devices. The company is providing TV Everywhere authentication services during the March NCAA Men’s Basketball tournament for approximately 40 providers.
Synacor’s TV Everywhere Top 5 Tips for March Basketball include
1. Double-check your cable package – To ensure you can catch all the hoops action on-the-go with your current pay-TV provider, make sure your subscription includes the right networks and channels. Everything you need to know about where to access March NCAA Men’s Basketball live streams, content, apps and more can be found here;
2. Know where to go – Finding the games doesn’t have to be difficult. Games and additional video content will be streamed online here;
3. Test your credentials and authentication early – If you’re a pay-TV subscriber, your credentials will give you access to the games online and via mobile. Today, login and make sure these credentials are valid to take advantage of TVE content;
4. Get mobile ready – Feel like you’re at the game no matter where you are by downloading the tournament’s app for games on-the-go; and
5. Don’t miss a game – So you don’t miss a minute of the action, plan to login early, ideally 5-10 minutes in advance.
“It’s March, so it must mean basketball madness! Pay-TV subscribers should be able to catch the action wherever they are, on whatever device they choose,” said Michael Bishara, Synacor SVP of Product and GM of TV Everywhere. “As a worldwide leader in TV Everywhere, Synacor is dedicated to helping consumers enjoy NCAA Men’s basketball without stress, and helping pay-TV providers deliver content in the easiest way for their subscribers, resulting in the industry’s lowest reported TVE abandonment rates. We saw dramatically low TVE abandonment around 10% during Sochi with our customer that was using our auto authentication solution, and we are expecting great results during March college basketball.”
For more information on Synacor and its TV Everywhere services, visit synacor.com or email tellmemore(at)synacor(dot)com.
Synacor’s white-label platform enables cable, satellite, telecom and consumer electronics companies to deliver TV Everywhere, digital entertainment, cloud-based services and apps to their end-consumers across multiple devices, strengthening those relationships while monetizing the engagement. Synacor (NASDAQ: SYNC), is headquartered in Buffalo, NY, with tech hubs in Toronto and Boston. For more information, visit synacor.com.
All Media. One Place. Any Device.
VP, Corporate Communications
This release includes certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are based on the current expectations or beliefs of management of Synacor, and are subject to uncertainty and changes in circumstances. Actual results may vary materially from those expressed or implied by the statements herein due to changes in economic, business, competitive, technological and/or regulatory factors, and other factors affecting the operation of the respective businesses of Synacor. More detailed information about these factors may be found in filings by Synacor, as applicable, with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including their respective Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q. Synacor is under no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any such obligation to, update or alter their respective forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.