Washington, DC (PRWEB) March 14, 2014
While some changes stemming from OMB’s recent grants reform effort aren’t causing much angst, others — such as new procurement standards — involve significant differences from the previous policies. “Purchasing With Your Federal Grant Funds — OMB’s Reform Blueprint,” the March 25 webinar from Federal Fund Management Advisor, will help participants understand grant purchasing practices and procedures in light of the new OMB guidance.
Federal grants expert and principal of Federal Fund Management Advisor Bob Lloyd will present for 60 minutes and follow with 30 minutes dedicated to individual questions. Participants will learn:
- Mandated procurement integrity procedures like required features of a code of conduct
- What is viewed as a “less-than-arm’s length” relationship
- Expectations for acquisition planning and consideration of purchase alternatives
- Acceptable purchase methods and when they should be employed
- Required features of solicitation documents like invitations for bids and requests for proposals
- Required competition procedures and proper justification for any departures
- Documentation to support purchasing decisions
- Clauses required to be in purchase orders and contracts, and others that it’s sensible to include
- Available tools to pursue contractor compliance and performance
Visit http://federalfundmanagement.com/webinars/wg412_032514 for more details and registration information.
Bob Lloyd is a respected authority on policies and practices affecting the award, administration and oversight of federal grants, contracts and subawards. Mr. Lloyd has more than 40 years of experience in federal award implementation. Prior to starting his management consulting practice in Washington, D.C., in 1982, he served as the executive director of the Grants Management Advisory Service and held staff positions in two large federally funded organizations. Since then, he has been a consultant, trainer or advisor to award and audit units in 16 federal award-making departments and agencies, and to recipient and subrecipient organizations and their professional advisors located in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, several U.S. territories and 18 foreign countries. He is the principal author of several reference works on federal grants management and audits, and currently serves as contributing editor to Federal Grants News, published by Atlantic Information Services. He also is a Charter Life Member of the National Grants Management Association and served on its Board of Directors for five years.
Attendees of the Live Webinar Can Earn Up to 1.5 CPE Credits
Federal Fund Management Advisor is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: http://www.learningmarket.org.
About Federal Fund Management Advisor
Federal Fund Management Advisor is an organization that sponsors Federal Funding webinars and delivers free Federal Funding E-Strategies. Go to http://www.FederalFundManagement.com to read the latest E-Strategy.