Boston, MA (PRWEB) March 17, 2014
Macromicro LLC announced today the availability of PeopleMap, a new platform that enables employees of large, multinational companies to navigate the workforce with ease, as well as new features for its rebranded OrgInsight data visualization platform.
For companies with employees that number in the tens (or hundreds) of thousands, finding colleagues with specific skills is a challenge. Understanding the scale and composition of a global organization with any degree of accuracy is even tougher. Designed for use across an entire workforce, PeopleMap complements existing corporate directories and traditional org charts by connecting with an existing SharePoint installation or HRIS database. It acts as the GPS of an organization, displaying divisions, units, countries, states, and offices.
Employees can navigate, search, network, and collaborate with ease and focus in on an individual level. Directors of five or 5,000 can more easily manage their reports while employees can collaborate across the company, composing project groups with diverse skills and abilities.
“Typical org charts are antiquated: boxes and lines, low-resolution, limited to a few dozen employees, and they rarely provide the pig picture,” said Brad Peterson, CEO of Macromicro. “PeopleMap provides every employee with an interactive, high-level perspective of their corporate landscape and lets them dive in to see their immediate surroundings. It’s the first of its kind in the corporate world.”
For deeper workforce analytic tools, senior leadership and HR professionals can turn to OrgInsight, Macromicro’s revolutionary interactive visualization tool. In the time since OrgInsight came to market in summer 2013, Macromicro has added a host of new features:
- Launchpad: Users can dive into frequent inquiries and monitor organizational change.
- Comparative Histograms: Grab data distributions across the workforce (e.g., compensation ratio distributions in specific groups or demographics) and compare with one another.
- Timeline: Compare data over time to monitor change or track progress (e.g., see how concentrations in high spans of control have reduced over a multi-quarter or multi-year period; see structural change before and after reorganizations).
- Visual Search: The ability to search an entire workforce and their data with visual results. For instance, when searching for all people with ‘VP’ in their title, most results appear across two layers, but in some divisions run down to four or five layers. Searching for individuals is as easy, or for employee locations.
- New Installation Options: OrgInsight is available through a consulting package, offering users “snapshots” of their organization for a specific window in time. It’s a quick and easy way to get started with Macromicro’s new analytic language. The snapshots complement the more powerful enterprise option; in either case, users can bundle data to support specific inquiries: retention management, spans and layers optimization, M&A integration, succession planning, data auditing, and more.
Macromicro is recognized for its innovative analytics platform and the empowering effect of its data visualizations. Based on a blend of business insight and design thinking, Macromicro enables new forms of organizational insight and analysis through interactivity, clarity, and data-density. For further information or a demo, please visit http://www.macromicro.com or call +1 617-818-1291.
chief design officer / co-founder