“Acer is proud to be part of ‘I Select My PC’ for the third year and for the first time as the exclusive provider,” said Joe Castillo, general manager, Acer Latin America. “This program is significantly changing the lives of deserving students."
SANTIAGO, Chile (PRWEB) March 17, 2014
Acer America today announced that it has been selected by the Junta nacional de auxilio escolar y becas (JUNAEB) in collaboration with the Chile Education Ministry’s “I Select My PC” program to be the sole provider of 60,000 notebooks to outstanding students from economically vulnerable schools.
Acer was chosen as the exclusive provider for 2014 due to its ability to provide notebook PCs that meet the programs’ requirements in all four product categories. This is the first time a single vendor has provided all the PCs for the program. “I Select My PC” was designed to provide new opportunities to students from disadvantaged socio-economic segments.
Acer was selected for its outstanding product quality, overall value, color options, responsive support, local customer service and the company’s AcerCloud application. AcerCloud is a unique application that allows the students to automatically sync and backup their data from their new notebook PC across multiple devices such as a smartphone and tablet, as well as to the cloud for greater sharing and security. All of the Acer notebook PCs provided to the students for the program will come with a customized user interface for AcerCloud that provides a tutorial as well as quick access to the app.
By using AcerCloud, the children and will be able to securely store and make the most of their files, photos, video, music and more. In the process, they will learn more about technology and how it can help advance their education.
“Acer is proud to be part of ‘I Select My PC’ for the third year and for the first time as the exclusive provider,” said Joe Castillo, general manager, Acer Latin America. “This program is significantly changing the lives of deserving students by giving them access to technology and opening up new opportunities for them and their families. We are especially proud that AcerCloud is part of our solution, as it gives them a powerful way to enjoy, protect and share their important media and files.”
The selected students will receive their Acer notebook PC starting in April. They were able to choose the model that best fit their needs from the following four Acer notebook PC lines:
- Acer Aspire E1-532: This notebook has a 4th generation Intel Celeron 2981 processor and dedicated graphics for handling intense graphics and video. The Acer notebook has a 15.6-inch display and comes with Internet access.(1)
- Acer V5-473: This ultraportable has a 14-inch display and is thin and light, weighing only 2kg and measuring only 20mm thin, so it’s easy for students to take with them. It uses a 4th generation Intel Celeron 2981 processor and comes with Internet access.(1)
- Acer Aspire E1-432P: This model has a 14-inch display so it is compact and easy to carry. It also features a touchscreen display that gives students an intuitive and fun way to browse website, scroll through documents and more. It uses a 4th generation Intel Celeron 2955 processor and comes with Internet access.(1)
- Acer Aspire E1-532P: This notebook has a 4th generation Intel Celeron 2981 processor and a touchscreen display that gives students a natural and interesting way to interact with their documents, websites and more.
The notebooks come in a range of colors, including red, pink, champagne, black and iron. All of the Acer notebook PCs are powered by Intel processors and come with a 500GB hard disk drive and 4GB of memory,(2) so the notebooks are ready for research, homework, staying in touch and even fun. The notebooks have integrated Wifi, a variety of ports, as well as a webcam and microphone for online chats and video recording. They come loaded with Windows 8.1 SL and Office 2013 Pro Academic.
Established in 1976, Acer is an information and communication technology company dedicated to the research, design, marketing, sale and support of innovative products that enhance people's lives. Acer's green supply chain delivers environmentally friendly PCs, displays, projectors, servers, tablets and smartphones — tools our customers need to explore beyond limits and experience more. Ranked No. 3 for notebooks globally (IDC 2012), Acer employs 8,000 people, and 2012 revenues reached US$14.7 billion. Please visit http://www.acer.com for more information.
© 2014 Acer America Corp. All rights reserved. Acer and the Acer logo are registered trademarks of Acer Inc. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, and/or service marks, indicated or otherwise, are the property of their respective owners. All offers subject to change without notice or obligation and may not be available through all sales channels. Prices listed are manufacturer suggested retail prices and may vary by location. Applicable sales tax extra.
1. Internet access provided to students by Netnow for 12 months.
2. Accessible capacity varies: (MB = 1 million bytes; GB = 1 billion bytes). User-available storage subject to change based on system software and application usage.