California, United States (PRWEB) March 17, 2014
Reportstack has announced a new report on OpportunityAnalyzer: Autism Spectrum Disorder - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2018. Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) is a chronically underserved market currently dominated by the two approved drugs, both of which are antipsychotics. There is off-label use of a multitude of other drugs which target different core and non-core symptoms of ASD. Since this disorder can first become apparent in very young children there is a need for medications which are safe and effective in the pediatric population. The ASD market is expected to grow remain relatively flat between 2012 and 2018, which is predominantly due to various drug patent expiration, and the introduction of novel therapies in the US and EU countries is not anticipated to offset this expected decline in the market.
The new treatments will target some key unmet needs but opportunities will remain for drugs which can effectively target any of the many core and non-core symptoms of ASD, as well as offering an improved safety profile over currently used drugs. An additional driver for the ASD market is the assignment of orphan drug status to several ASDs drugs. The biggest barrier for growth in the ASD market will be patent expiration of marketed and pipeline drugs, with rapid genericization expected in some markets. Significant opportunities remain for further drug development in the ASD market due to the large unmet need for novel safe and efficacious drugs for the pediatric population.
Key Questions Answered
- The ASD market is marked by the presence of a number of unmet needs in current treatments. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the drugs under development fulfill the unmet needs of the ASD market?
- The late-stage ASD pipeline is filled with diverse therapies and novel routes of administration. Which drug will have a significant impact on the ASD market. Which of these drugs will have the highest CAGR, and why?
- The current ASD market is dominated by antipsychotics, many of which are used off-label. How will the introduction of numerous first-in-class drugs change the treatment landscape? How will the drug treatment rates change over the next five years? What are the key drivers and barriers to this change?
Opportunity Analyzer: Autism Spectrum Disorder report helps you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global uveitis therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global uveitis therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global ASD therapeutics market from 2012-2018.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
The current treatment options for ASD that are mentioned in this report are CM-AT, Latuda, Serelsa/AT-001, Namenda, RG-7314, NMDAR Modulation, TSO, Syntocinon, Stem Cell Therapy, Risperidone and Abilify (aripiprazole). More details and table of contents for this report can be found by visiting Autism Spectrum Disorder report.
Opportunity Analyzer Pharma Reports from Reportstack:
OpportunityAnalyzer: Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2017 - Event-Driven Update
OpportunityAnalyzer: Endometriosis - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2017
OpportunityAnalyzer: Bladder Cancer - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2017
OpportunityAnalyzer: Acute Ischemic Stroke - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2017