(PRWEB) March 18, 2014
PR News is looking for marketing, PR and communications experts to contribute to our upcoming PR Writer’s Guidebook.
Every PR practitioner knows the value of writing skills, and most know that the mastering the craft is a continual process. In this new book, PR News will provide communications professionals of all levels with advice on how to further improve their writing skills.
For this Guidebook, we are seeking articles, how-tos, anecdotes and best practices for writing that fall into the following categories:
- Creating News- and Share-worthy Press Releases
- Communicating Internally and with the Media via Email
- Speechwriting and Giving Presentations
- Writing for Social Media and SEO
- Bring Your Subject to Life: Biographies and Backgrounders
- Crisis Communications and Official Statements
- Writing Annual Reports
- Making the Leap from Communications to Storytelling
Focused, specialized pitches are preferred. Graphics, tips, charts, checklists, matrixes, and dos and don’ts are preferred as well.
We will also ask writers selected for this book to fill out a brief survey answering questions about phrases/clichés to ban, the best writing advice you’ve received, and favorite writing resources, among other topics.
Please send your article ideas in the form of a 50-word abstract to prnewspress(at)accessintel(dot)com using the subject line “PR Writer’s Guidebook Abstract.” Abstracts are due by Wednesday, March 26.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The PR News Editorial Team