We're committed to delivering value by introducing the newest energy-saving technology into our homes.
Maryville, TN (PRWEB) March 18, 2014
Clayton Homes has announced their latest energy saving features and materials, along with information regarding ENERGY STAR® qualification. As the nation’s largest home builder*, Clayton Homes is dedicated to integrating current energy saving features into the manufactured homes they offer. Also, when compared to many older site-built homes, the modern manufactured home is much more energy-efficient.
“Energy efficiency is very important to today’s home buyer,” said Kevin Clayton, CEO of Clayton Homes. “More consumers are looking for a smart investment due to the recent recession. We’re committed to delivering value by introducing the newest energy-saving technology into our homes.”
Some energy efficiency features that are available through Clayton Homes include:
- Upgraded insulation that is added to walls, roof and floors helps stabilize indoor temperatures while using less energy.
- High-performance (or Low-E) windows with a double-paned feature that can regulate UV rays to help keep heat in during the winter and out during the summer.
- Smart programmable thermostats that can help homeowners manage their energy use throughout the day.
- Heat pumps that are more efficient than traditional central air conditioning units. They operate by transferring heat into or out of the home and can be used to heat and cool in most climates.
- ENERGY STAR® qualified homes, which are certified through a third-party inspection, assuring the highest standards are used during all stages of construction and ENERGY STAR® requirements are satisfied.
Clayton’s climate-controlled Home Building Facilities allow homebuyers the flexibility to quickly customize their home’s design and select energy-efficient features. Steps are taken during the building process to ensure that all holes, cracks and seams are thoroughly sealed to eliminate drafts, moisture, dust, pests and pollen.
“At Clayton Homes, we are always listening to our customers so we can better meet their expectations and housing needs” Clayton explains.
To find out more or view our Energy Savings infographic, download The Buyer’s Guide.
About Clayton Homes
Clayton Homes has built more than 1.5 million homes since 1956, winning multiple awards for design and construction. Through its affiliates and family of brands, Clayton Homes builds, sells, finances, leases and insures manufactured and modular homes, as well commercial and educational buildings. As the nation’s largest home builder*, Clayton Homes is a vertically integrated Berkshire Hathaway company whose purpose is opening doors to a better life, one home at a time.
*Largest homebuilder in 2012 as of 7/26/2013, based on a comparison of the number of manufactured homes sold to the number of site-built homes sold as reported by builderonline.com and the number of manufactured homes shipped as compared to all other manufactured home manufacturers as reported by the Manufactured Housing Institute.
# # #